Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

new supercharger in town??

Old 11-19-2004, 06:27 PM
ratpower396

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new supercharger in town??

anybody hear of this before??? website address http://mppa.biz/
Old 11-19-2004, 08:59 PM
stevblutu15

Default RE: new supercharger in town??

well if its as good as their glow plugs it wont work a bit.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:07 PM
neil.jb

its a gimmik, absolute ****e
Old 11-20-2004, 02:01 PM
ratpower396

Maybe someone could use it to cool one of the 4 stroke projects ive been reading about.Just make a small bracket & aim at the engine for constant flow of air??
Old 11-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Roadhog2K4

but whos gona buy a $200 fan?
Old 11-21-2004, 01:25 AM
;//===

It drains so much battery power and you have to increase the flow the of fuel so u'll be done in 20 mins or so. With the stock you get 30+ time of play. It gives more and higher rpm thats it nothing really special here. expensive and worth it. Hope this helped
Old 11-21-2004, 03:06 AM
Vortec_Rat

Do a search on superchargers. We discussed the RB Innovations blower I wanted to try a few months ago. They don't work on the small motors. The carbs are too primitive to keep the mixtures correct with any amount of boost. If you tune the motor without the blower, it'll run lean when the blower winds up (BOOM siezed motor). If you tune the motor with the blower, it will run so rich it wont idle. It looks cool but it all boils down to BS.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:40 PM
rustler 1

cool!, id only pay 80-90 for one though.
vortec rat- your savage is the s h i t. (in a awsome way)
Old 11-21-2004, 09:28 PM
EG1

No dyno's, no vids and they want 2 bills? Not...gonna...happen
Old 11-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Vortec_Rat

ORIGINAL: rustler 1

cool!, id only pay 80-90 for one though.
vortec rat- your savage is the s h i t. (in a awsome way)

Thanks bro. Within the next year, I'll be buying a house, getting married (for the second time (I must be NUTS...)), and in general not having any extra money so I figured just do as much as I can while I can. Hell, I've got more toys than my girlfriend's 12 year old daughter. More expensive ones too...
Old 11-23-2004, 03:44 PM
ratman572

ORIGINAL: Vortec_Rat
Thanks bro. Within the next year, I'll be buying a house, getting married (for the second time (I must be NUTS...)), and in general not having any extra money so I figured just do as much as I can while I can. Hell, I've got more toys than my girlfriend's 12 year old daughter. More expensive ones too...
Man! No kidding, -you must be nuts! I'm in the middle of my first divorce, -so far "so-so".

I'm currently "playing" with a pretty modded-out t-maxx with the Sirio .23, but a Savage is NEXT on my list! Like I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, -I want one of all the trucks

Well, having 8 to 10 RC monster trucks ain't gonna happen, -but the savage will happen for sure.

I've kinda been hangin' out on the savage board lately in an attempt to get "amped-up"

After seeing that picture of your truck, I'm gettin' pretty stoked!

Since I have a t-maxx, you savage guys be nice!

Later
Old 11-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Vortec_Rat

The first one is always the hardest. That's the one when you wake up from the dream and realize it's all about money!!! (or lack of it) Get that Savage and go play.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:43 PM
fastcrash

ORIGINAL: Vortec_Rat

Do a search on superchargers. We discussed the RB Innovations blower I wanted to try a few months ago. They don't work on the small motors. The carbs are too primitive to keep the mixtures correct with any amount of boost. If you tune the motor without the blower, it'll run lean when the blower winds up (BOOM siezed motor). If you tune the motor with the blower, it will run so rich it wont idle. It looks cool but it all boils down to BS.

it has nothing to do with the carb, the problem with the supercharger is that the intake, fuel and exhaust ports of every 2-stroke model engine are ALL OPEN AT THE SAME TIME!!therefore, all boost pressure will instantly be bled off before it can pressurize the cylinder. and i'd also be surprised if that dinky little electric motor can spin the same amount of rpm as our average engines, let alone the 4 or 5 times the rpm needed to provide any noticable boost levels. UNTIL SOMEONE COMPLETELY REINVENTS THE 2-CYCLE ENGINES FOUND IN R/C CARS , SUPERCHARGERS ADD NO MORE THAN EXTRA WEIGHT,AND A LITTLE MORE PRETTY ALUMINUM.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:05 PM
ratman572

ORIGINAL: fastcrash
it has nothing to do with the carb, the problem with the supercharger is that the intake, fuel and exhaust ports of every 2-stroke model engine are ALL OPEN AT THE SAME TIME!!therefore, all boost pressure will instantly be bled off before it can pressurize the cylinder. and i'd also be surprised if that dinky little electric motor can spin the same amount of rpm as our average engines, let alone the 4 or 5 times the rpm needed to provide any noticable boost levels. UNTIL SOMEONE COMPLETELY REINVENTS THE 2-CYCLE ENGINES FOUND IN R/C CARS , SUPERCHARGERS ADD NO MORE THAN EXTRA WEIGHT,AND A LITTLE MORE PRETTY ALUMINUM.
True factual statements.

The most effective means of making serious power is port timing, expansion chamber length (to acheive proper resonation characterisitics at a given RPM range), and nitro content (being that nitromethane does carry oxygen).

The tuned pipe is already a very effective means of supercharging (so long as the correct pipe is used). In regards to forced induction, fastcrash is spot-on regarding the issues with the porting.

Aside from the port issues, the power that would be required to build any significant amount of boost with either a positive displacement compressor, -or a centrifugal, would be more than what an electric motor could deliver for any reasonable amount of time. Crank-driving the compressor might be a possibility, but not with the weenie little belt that I have seen on that RB unit.

It's pretty easy to put two and two together on this one. It is easy to forget just how much air goes through one of these little two-strokes when at any siginificant RPM. Unless that little compressor wheel in that RB unit is turning 750,000 RPM's, it is doubtful that any measureable boost would be produced, -even if there were no issues with all the ports being open. I work with compressor wheels and turbine wheels (as well as positive displacement pumps), and I can honestly say that the wheel in that RB unit is waaay too small, -and so is the belt.

Flame me now, -or later, but it's the truth.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
j_oly1999

sorry to hurt your feelings, but I have finished up a mod of the rb innovations supercharger that I adapted to a Super tiger G34 Aircraft engine with a tuned pipe, and I did overdirve the compressor with a bigger crank pulley. The pre-supercharged unit turned 16,200 rpm with a 9x6 prop, and with 15% omega fuel. With the supercharger, I had to prop up to a 9X8 prop to keep the rpm's under 17,000, which in calculations, it would have turned the 9x6 apporoximately 20,000-21,000 rpm! So, Does it work? Yes! On a car or truck where you are constantly changing throttle position? Probablly not as well.

My $0.02 worth
Old 07-18-2005, 04:31 PM
clownman558

Dude they are talking about something that stays on the ground not a friggin plane. lol, go to the plane forums.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:31 PM
cardriverx

joly, is it a 4 stroke motor? if it is then a supercharger should work. Someone should put a 4 stroke in a rc car and see if supercharging makes a difference.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:19 AM
gerwen

RC driver tested this supercharger in their December 2004 issue. They found that it did improve torque and hp.

Without going into it, i can understand how it could work on a 2 stroke engine.

I honestly don't think it's a cost effective way to improve performance. It should be inefficient and wasteful of fuel. I believe your money would be better spent on a better engine and higher nitro %age fuel.