Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

DP Extra 330

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

DP Extra 330

Old 08-20-2002, 04:29 PM
rvd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DP Extra 330

I got a chance to test fly this airplane yesterday for a older gentlemen who had assembled it and was scared to fly it for it's maiden flight..

I have no complaints with the flight characteristics. It is light and flies very smooth but the thing I was concerned about was that is feels so flimsy! Are they all like this ?
I was able to grab the spinner and flex the whole front about 1/4inch or more each way with barely any pressure.
It has a aluminum mount so it's not that.. The fuse flexes alot and the tail is VERY flexable.. The whole fuse twists like rubber..

I am curious how many people got them like this or is this how they are built??
Old 08-20-2002, 08:55 PM
mrc100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DP Extra 330

The bolts and glue on my firewall came dangerously loose the other day while trying to dial my 2.1 Moki in on the ground. I have since used epoxy and fiberglass cloth to reinforce the firewall. If the original firewall (bolts and glue) where holding the firewall would not move.

Mike
Old 08-20-2002, 11:11 PM
otisflies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DP Extra 330

Mine is solid as a rock with a ZDZ40 up front. I beefed up the engine box and firewall though.