Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

What is the right engine?

Old 09-09-2002, 04:34 PM
steven215-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the right engine?

I just got a set of plans for a Corsair with wings over eight feet in length. Can any of you Giant Scale guys give me a suggestion as to engine size. The plans came without documentation and I'm curretntly stumped..
This is going to be my winter project this year and I need the info to start buying parts.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
Old 09-09-2002, 04:43 PM
Joss Stick
My Feedback: (1)

What's it supposed to weigh? I know you don't have the documentation but it's important to know. That will have a lot to do with it.

Right off the bat I'd guess a ZDZ 80. This engine flies a 28lb Edge 540 with plenty of authority. If you have the bucks, try a 3W-100.

Again, it depends on the weight.
Old 09-12-2002, 01:48 AM
steven215-RCU

I got some of the documentation and found that the weight is 24 Lbs.. 2424 sq inches of wing does that help?