Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Yuri hovering in a backyard pool video

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Yuri hovering in a backyard pool video

Old 06-23-2005, 12:25 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yuri hovering in a backyard pool video

Earlier today I viewed this xtreme video in our 3d flying forum. Some amazing flying by Yuri. I figured some of the 3D/aerobatic giant scalers in here might be interested in seeing the video. It is Yuri hovering what I think is a large laser in a small backyard pool!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3100858&key=
Old 06-23-2005, 12:59 PM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Yuri hovering in a backyard pool video

Very impressive flying, albeit the most reckless and irresponsible act I have seen with a model yet. Obviously good piloting skills don't require a brain or conscience. Thanks for posting. It was fun to watch. cbk
Old 06-23-2005, 01:07 PM
T. Bob
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting old I was more interested in the plane than the girls.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:00 PM
ICE_MAN

Dang Guyz Got Mad Skillz
Old 06-23-2005, 02:00 PM
jmiracle

i don't care how good you are...that was just plain stupid.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Mike3579
My Feedback: (56)

Very good pilot but with all those people so close by that was really stupid!! Period
Old 06-23-2005, 02:57 PM
joeb102072

Ok not saying its not important but saftey aside, That boy has got a set that go CLANK !!! WOW that was impressive.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:43 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Nice pool....

stupid flying...but nice pool[]
Old 06-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Liberator

After watching this and some other flying videos, the thought that occured to me is you have to just plain not care about the plane.
Also, I am sure it helps to have somewhat unlimited resources. But I watch video's where the common theme is just try and get away with...whatever. I realize that it's all about pushing the envelope. It seems that in order to get that good, you have to take some risks.

Of course I am talking about risks to the plane only, hovering over a pool with people in it, is just goofy.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Aerohead
My Feedback: (37)

That silly ***** is doing the kind of thing that so many of us have tried to prevent for so many years. We are all going to end up losing our chance to fly because of that kind of dangerous stunt. Just plain stupid. And people who fly 3d safely wonder why they are not welcome at so many flying fields. It's because of this kind of crap, guys. Wake up!
Old 06-23-2005, 06:54 PM
extra 330

What, no smoke???

Yuri, your slipping in your old age...

Mike
Old 06-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Flyfalcons

My kind of party!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:39 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Aerohead

That silly ***** is doing the kind of thing that so many of us have tried to prevent for so many years. We are all going to end up losing our chance to fly because of that kind of dangerous stunt. Just plain stupid. And people who fly 3d safely wonder why they are not welcome at so many flying fields. It's because of this kind of crap, guys. Wake up!
Dude, lighten up! This was done at the privacy of one's own home. Granted, it was stupid (and impressive), but it has nothing to do with responsible 3D flying at an AMA sanctioned field.
As far as I am concerned, the people at the flying fields that don't like 3D flying are the people that can't do it or are too scared to try...or just stubborn old farts that think today's pilots and radios are no more reliable than the days of the galloping ghost radio systems.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:54 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As Jim Carrie would say.... Kookyyyy
Old 06-24-2005, 07:12 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

and we wonder why we lose flying fields....

picture this...he falls out of a hover.... kills or seriously injures someone.. (admittly he is a very good pilot....but things happen, see this past XFC)

Now... it makes the news how this person died or was sent to the hospital......even if it is in the privacy of someones home....

Hmmm.... someone goes to the local city council to try and start a field or renew a lease on an existing one....
the city council responds, "Those things can kill, no you cannot fly in our town....)

Sure, we "can do anything" in the privacy of our homes......

but sometimes we need to remember that we are representatives of our activity....
Old 06-24-2005, 07:42 AM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

I don't know what to say - I think activities like this are going to hurt - not help - our hobby in the long term. I agree, impressive but dangerous. What might have happened if a transmitter on the same freq was turned on by someone next door? Maybe I am an alarmist but I have seen other activities shut down or severly limited/regulated by unfavorable public opinion.

With that said, man I wish I could do that!
Old 06-24-2005, 07:48 AM
raston

Great pilot who obviously has more flying skill than he has brains or common sense!
Old 06-24-2005, 11:11 AM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

No matter how in control of the model he is (and he clearly is) there is absolutely nothing he could have done if that engine had coughed enough to have started to drop out of the hover. Guessing his natural instinct would then have been to try and throttle up and fly out but by then that plane would be powering up towards people who had nowhere to go.

I know this is all What if, what if and that it didn't happen and everyone is fine but..........what if? !!!

I'm no killjoy. We've larked around doing stupid things with shock flyers. But have you been caught in the face with a shocky prop? Nasty gash, bruise and pretty painful - I shudder to think what that model would have done to those guys in the jacuzzi or on the poolside !! [&:]

My 0.02
Old 06-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Mudsurfer1234

i think it was awesome! totally for Yuri,

Mike, it would have been better with smoke...

I said this in the same thread over in the 3D Flying forum. Hunting and Target shooting is encouraged and not thought about negativley alot now adays. And EVERY day people are killed with guns, and people still buy guns easily and go hunt or shoot at targets. I dont hunt, yet, i plan to, and i do go target shooting. That's the same scenerio as the pool, people standing around somthing DESIGNED to kill, but the user uses it anyway.

And, the people sitting on the side of the pool had every chance to get up and move.

Go Yuri! Pushing the limits! lol

Scott
Old 06-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Liberator

Scott,

I can't for the life of me see what having a gun and target shooting has anything to do with this.

Cant get the analogy.

Tom
Old 06-24-2005, 01:32 PM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

That is, quite simply, the most abhorant, disgusting, and downright STUPID display of 'flying' I've ever seen.

Unlike many of the rest of you, I can't even bring myself to acknowledge 'skill' or 'talent'...imo pART of being a skilled or talented pilot includes significant attention to the responsibilities you have to the aircraft, the hobby, and the people around you. If you lack that attention, you might as well lack the ability to perform a simple loop.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:20 PM
Giw252

No doubt this guy is an impressive 3D flier. However, this was not the venue to display his 3D capabilities. There was no where for the plane or people to go had there been a problem. I agree with the majority of the posts in this matter. Had something gone wrong he would have killed a couple of his guests. I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law:"What ever can go wrong, will go wrong." The reason why we have flying fields is so we can fly our models in a controlled and safe environment. Not to say that people are not injured at flying fields, but most flying sites are planed to provide a cushion of safe distance for the pilots and spectators if a problem arises. I am not an old fart (26), but I have been flying r/c since I was 11 and have seen r/c airplanes do strange things for no apparent reason. So I respect the fact that an r/c aircraft can become a dangerous projectile at any time for any reason. As far as the argument for privacy at home, I can't agree with the gentleman on his basic contention that you have the right to do dangerous things like what was shown in the video on the basis of private property laws. Manslaughter is still manslaughter, private or public property the law does not discriminate on that point. No one has the right to endanger another person's life regardless of the way and means in which it is done. I don't mean to be a downer, but come on! How could have this guy have thought that this was a good idea. My opinion is to vote him off the island!

Old 06-24-2005, 03:09 PM
bodywerks

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mudsurfer1234

i think it was awesome! totally for Yuri,

Mike, it would have been better with smoke...

I said this in the same thread over in the 3D Flying forum. Hunting and Target shooting is encouraged and not thought about negativley alot now adays. And EVERY day people are killed with guns, and people still buy guns easily and go hunt or shoot at targets. I dont hunt, yet, i plan to, and i do go target shooting. That's the same scenerio as the pool, people standing around somthing DESIGNED to kill, but the user uses it anyway.

And, the people sitting on the side of the pool had every chance to get up and move.

Go Yuri! Pushing the limits! lol

Scott
I understand what you mean and agree.

Murphy's law-"What can go wrong, will go wrong"...so true, yet you still fly these planes, right? If you are like everyone at nearly all of the flying fields I have ever been to, you probably taxi into and out of the pits or at least up to them. What if your radio glitched and went full throttle, careeming right into the arse of a fellow pilot knealing down to start his plane or something?
You see, anything could happen. I still think it was both stupid and impressive, though.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:28 PM
Aerohead

Mudsurfer, your immaturity really shows here. You are still young enough to be infected with that "nothing bad will ever happen to me, only other people" mentality. You seem to think that as long as it looks cool, then it is cool. I'm sure you'd be all for Yuri pushing the limits if you were in that pool when he lost it and made bloody hamburger out of your face, wouldn't you. God gave you that brain to think with, genius.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Aerohead

ORIGINAL: Flyfalcons

My kind of party!
Is that the kind of attitude you take with you when you fly full-scale planes? No telling how many accidents you've spawned indirectly with that comment. You should be very proud.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.