Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Crew Help Wanted

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Crew Help Wanted

Old 09-30-2005, 10:47 PM
lugebob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Crew Help Wanted

I have been invited to show and run the Jet Luge at the IHRA World Finals @ Rockingham, NC dragstrip 7-9 October. I will be doing this show alone without a crew ( due to short notice) and I am inviting anyone in the area to be part of the crew. I need help in the pit area explaining the Jet Luge, turbines in general and some skate realted equipment, taking me to the stagging lanes, standing safety watch and picking me up from the shutdown area. If you would like to bring your prized creation and show it off in my tent you are welcome. There will be over 20,000 spectators over the weekend and I had over 5000 visitors to my tent in the Pro Pit area at the last show. I will be parked next to the wheelstanding Cool Bus and the Jet Powered Ambulance. We usually stage about 20 ft behind the Top Fuel Dragsters.. it will be the biggest dose of nitro you ever smelled.

This is prime time and prime location at the track, so if you are a jet or RC vendor or shop owner that wants to display or sponsor a few things just let me know as soon as possible. So far I am "bannerless" and have no giveaways for the kids at this event... so bring it on.

It may also be a good oppourtunity to look over the situation and see if an RC Jet demo would be safe or possible at some of next years bookings. I would love to see you guys fly at one of these events.

email me @ [email protected]

Thank you.

Bob

Photos from the IHRA.Com Website

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77308.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	331915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84397.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	331916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp35100.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	331917  
Old 10-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Jet Crew Help Wanted

Hearing protection required
Old 10-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Man, if I wasn't on the other side of the continent, I'd be there in a heartbeat.....Top Fuel and Turbines...what a combo !!!!!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 09:42 PM
lugebob

I need one of those FAQ t-shirts I saw on another thread. After 5000 visitors in one weekend I was getting tired of hearing myself talk.

One of the most asked questions, that I could not answer was "What does 50 lbs of thrust equate to in horsepower?" Obvious question from dragstrip gear heads... anyone know how to convert or estimate? I am sure it is not a big number.

bob
Old 10-02-2005, 10:25 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

I think it is something like 2 lbs = 1 HP depending on a lot of variables. It is not a clean conversion since one is a measure of force, and the other is a measure of power. Even if this is wrong only one person in a million would catch it.....