Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

help/car/servos/choices

Old 11-03-2005, 08:51 AM
American Patriot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help/car/servos/choices

Hi, I hate making repeat threads but the hobby show is tomorrow, and i havent gotten great results with the searc h option.

Im looking to buy a 1/10 scale nitro car. My current choices are the HPI Nitro RS4 3 18SS Kit, HPI Nitro R40 Kit without body and engine and the Team Associated Nitro TC3 Factory Team Kit.

No matter which car I pick I will need servos, so if i can get some servo recomendations please. BTW do servos come with reciever or do i buy the reciever seperate. whats a good reciever if they are sold seperatly.

As for which car to get I think they are all decent from what I've red online. The hobby show may have some good deals so i might splurge on the HPI Nitro R40. If that happens I need an engine. whats a good engine to stick in a killer car like the HPI Nitro R40???

I currently own a specktrum DX-3 radio transmitter. Im giving thought to putting the reciever and servos I currently own in the car I buy, then buying a nice high torque servo for my savage 4.6SS. but once again i need some good servo brands :-)

thanks for any help.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:36 AM
American Patriot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: help/car/servos/choices

Well I bought a HPI Nitro RS4 3 18SS Kit.

I had to buy another reciever like the one that came with my spektrum DX-3 Radio.

I bought a Hitec HS-645MG Ultra torque servo and a basic/standard JR servo. Both these servos are now in my savage 4.6 SS. The pair of servos that came with my spektrum DX-3 radio are in the RS4 3 18SS. It's a good setup IMO.

The break in process on the RS4 is going much better then on my savage. I do the loosen the glow plug trick, and am not afraid to tinker with the high speed idle screw. She starts good and then I got her spitting out plenty of oil for break in. A temp gauge also helps a fair bit. I had the car at idle at 130F. Well below the 190F that is recomended for break in.

no offense taken to no responses in my post. I felt i should put in the answers i was looking for though. Hope thats ok
Old 11-20-2005, 01:51 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: help/car/servos/choices

Welcome to RCU or at least to posting on the forums. You may have received a faster response if you would have started this thread in one of the more specific subforums.