Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Have any of you purchased from readytorunrc.com?

Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Have any of you purchased from readytorunrc.com?

Old 12-02-2002, 06:53 PM
grampi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have any of you purchased from readytorunrc.com?

This guy will beat anyone else's price, but man are they slow! They aren't very good about returning phone calls or emails either. I emailed them a payment via Paypal on Friday for an order I placed. In that email I asked if they could let me know when my order would ship, and about how long it will take to get. I haven't heard squat form them. I tried calling them, but there's rarely anyone there. This guy isn't going to be in business very long with this type of lousy customer service!
Old 12-02-2002, 09:29 PM
crash_me_over
My Feedback: (16)

grampi,

I took a look at their website and it looks ok. Of course....the reasoning behind that statement is sort of like:

I drove by your house and it really looks nice! However, inside lives the kind of person that you would not choose as a friend.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not picking on anyone....just merely wondering as you are about a store front that looks good but may be lacking somehow?

I know the feeling grampi.....I have paid for cars/trucks on here from users who were eager to get my money.....the emails were good "UNTIL"....they got my money and then I hear not a peep from them. No emails....no shipping time frames......nothing. Then I have to send emails and even call them, asking for feedback / info so I know when to expect arrival of what I bought. Go figure!!! I cannot understand that kind of business dealing. Maybe I expect to much? I always keep hoping for the best and think it will change.

Here's to hoping!!!

Good Luck grampi!
Old 12-02-2002, 09:58 PM
grampi

The impression I'm getting is the guy's business is something he does out of his home maybe. I don't think he has any employees, and when I have been able to reach someone there it's been the owner's dad. Sounds like he just answers the phone and takes messages to help out his son. It sounds like he needs to have someone who is knowledgable available when he's not. Things like this tend to turn customers off.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:59 PM
speedoo

Hi Guys,

What I don't understand is why are you trying to purchase products over the internet instead of your local hobby shop? I live in Chiangmai, Thailand and purchase everything I need from our hobby shop here. The good part about it is that everyone that has a car or aircraft (nitro or electric) hangs out here and they have a race track in the rear of the shop. If I purchase anything and it doesn't work it gets replaced right away. If I need a part that is not in stock the shop can get it the next day for me. We also get to swap stories on what works well with our cars and what doesn't so we don't waste our time and money on a purchase that we don not need or doesn't work well. The only thing I purchase over the internet is for my HO scale train set as there are no model trains here in Thailand. In this case I have always used internet hobbies and have gotten excellent service every time.
Old 12-03-2002, 12:20 AM
crash_me_over

Originally posted by speedoo
Hi Guys,

What I don't understand is why are you trying to purchase products over the internet instead of your local hobby shop?
Sorry about your confusion!

Assumptions can mean that you "think" you know another persons circumstances.

I also order from local and internet shops. It's not a crime to do either. We all have our reasons for doing so. It's not up to me to question why another hobbyist uses one or the other....or both. I usually think there must be a reason why a person is choosing one over the other......but I try not assume anything in the interim.

Some folks have it made. They not only have several local shops to choose from but also a large base of RC'er's to enjoy the hobby with. Some of us live in the country.....miles away from both. That being said.....I just plug along at my own pace.....enjoying the hobby as I do.....and not worrying about how others enjoy it. Just be supportive the best you can and understand that not everyone has the same conditions as you do.

Take Care!
Old 12-03-2002, 12:37 AM
grampi

Hi Guys,

What I don't understand is why are you trying to purchase products over the internet instead of your local hobby shop? I live in Chiangmai, Thailand and purchase everything I need from our hobby shop here. The good part about it is that everyone that has a car or aircraft (nitro or electric) hangs out here and they have a race track in the rear of the shop. If I purchase anything and it doesn't work it gets replaced right away. If I need a part that is not in stock the shop can get it the next day for me. We also get to swap stories on what works well with our cars and what doesn't so we don't waste our time and money on a purchase that we don not need or doesn't work well. The only thing I purchase over the internet is for my HO scale train set as there are no model trains here in Thailand. In this case I have always used internet hobbies and have gotten excellent service every time.
We don't have a single local hobby shop that sells nitro cars. The nearest one that does is 50 miles away. Between 50 and 100 miles from here there are a few hobby shops, but none of them will come close to matching the price I can get on the internet. All of these shops sell the RC 10GT RTR Plus kit for between $299 and $329. readytorunrc quoted me a price of just $254.99 for this kit, and none of the hobby shops would even come close to matching this price. Now, if only they'd process and ship my order...........
Old 12-03-2002, 03:50 AM
crash_me_over

grampi,

Since I don't know if you've shopped at Tower Hobbies I'll just include their price of the truck your interested in. Also...they offer a $15.00 discount off the top so more savings can be yours at the time of check out. Just use their supplied code below.

$250.00 - $299.99 $15.00 010CB

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCLU0&P=0

If it's not to late you might be able to cancel your credit card order at the other company.....then order from Tower? It's just a thought.

Good Luck!
Old 12-03-2002, 04:29 AM
speedoo

No offense intended guys just asking. I can understand as when I need a part I cannot get in Chiangmai (very rarely)I take the overnight bus to Bangkok some 850 kilometers away. There are around 20 hobby shops in bangkok and some very large with everything. What our local hobby shop cannot get we get in Bangkok. I get a list of things needed from the guys in our club and head to Bangkok, get the parts, and take the evening bus back again. I could fly but the bus is very cheap, clean and comfortable with reclining seat so I an sleep during the 8 hour ride. If I make a purchase over the internet from the US the duty in Thailand can be as high as 300%. For my HO train I have friends who come to visit bring the stuff in their luggage and tell customs they are presents for children.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:14 PM
crash_me_over

No offense intended guys just asking. I can understand as when I need a part I cannot get in Chiangmai (very rarely)I take the overnight bus to Bangkok some 850 kilometers away. There are around 20 hobby shops in bangkok and some very large with everything. What our local hobby shop cannot get we get in Bangkok. I get a list of things needed from the guys in our club and head to Bangkok, get the parts, and take the evening bus back again. I could fly but the bus is very cheap, clean and comfortable with reclining seat so I an sleep during the 8 hour ride. If I make a purchase over the internet from the US the duty in Thailand can be as high as 300%. For my HO train I have friends who come to visit bring the stuff in their luggage and tell customs they are presents for children.

No offense taken here. I certainly admire your drive to travel so far to buy items you need or want.! It sounds like you and your friends really enjoy the hobby. I can see why you don't buy online with a 300% increase in price with duty tax. It appears to me that we here in the Untied States have it pretty good!

Enjoy!
Old 12-03-2002, 07:56 PM
grampi

I finally heard back from readytorunrc today. My order is supposed to ship in the next day or 2. I guess one has to decide what is most important when ordering online. If the goal is to purchase at the lowest possible price, then you may have to give up some of the other things we take for granted like speedy order processing, or great customer service. It may be worth it to some to pay an extra 40-50 bucks to get these things.