Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HPI Savage 4.6 break in issues

Old 03-26-2006, 11:14 PM
8ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Savage 4.6 break in issues

I have had an RC10GT with an OS .12 CV-R for two years now without any problems as long as I use after run oil. I just got a Savage for Christmas and it is starting to get warm enough to break it in. I started today and it is somewhat cool (40 F). When it is at idle it sounds fine but if I just start to get on the gas it starts to sputter then make this real high pitch whine which sounds like it's turning about 30k RPMs. I haven't heard this before from a nitro vehicle with such little throttle input so I don't think it is normal. It also gets up to about 290 F after running for about 4 minutes. I have a feeling I cooked another engine. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? [&:] [:@]
Old 03-27-2006, 12:44 AM
miswa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Savage 4.6 break in issues

when its cold out, your engine is taking in more air than usual due to the density of cold air. since you're just breaking in the engine, i asume that you are just pulling the throtle half way.make sure that the needles are at factory settings, and if they are and you still have the reving problem, then richen it a bit more.