Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

i don't know what kind i need

Old 12-15-2002, 06:42 AM
ikedork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i don't know what kind i need

i have a RC car.. electric.. i got a diamond 12 turn motor, and tekin 2 channel reciever adnd a futaba servo..plus i got two battery packss.but i don't know what speed controller i need. can i get any kind.. >i was reading online and i found some schematics for a speed controller.. will it work if i build one. please help. i'm new at this ... thanks
Old 01-10-2003, 03:01 AM
RP1
My Feedback: (12)

Default i don't know what kind i need

With a 12 turn motor you could burn several speed controls up. You need a high performance ESC for that low turn motor. Check out the Novak and Tekin websites and look for the ESC specs page to see which ESCs will work. Most of the ones that say "no motor limit" will work for sure.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:50 AM
ikedork

Default :)

thanks dude, i was going to buy a speed controller that had 16 turns and more, but i guess, i would have to look up on it. thanks again.