Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

170n turbine from Digitech Turbines

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

170n turbine from Digitech Turbines

Old 05-29-2006, 12:56 PM
rorywquin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 170n turbine from Digitech Turbines

Anybody using one?

This looks like a really good package.

My first turbine is a P60 from Jetcat and it has been almost faultless so I am very comfortable with it. The DT 170 vs the Jetcat 160 is a really attractive package and I'm sorely tempted but would like to have some anecdotal comments from users.

Thanks again for the great forum!
Old 05-30-2006, 02:06 AM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 170n turbine from Digitech Turbines

Rory

I am a little confused. On the Digitech website the 170n turbine is referred to as the "Nimbus Mk2" the description is identical to the Merlin Mk2 and it is also described as being made by Jets-munt who make the Merlin. Maybe Sandor could clear this up for us. If it is the Merlin under another name I am sure you would be as happy as I am with it.

John
Old 05-30-2006, 03:05 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: john agnew

Rory

I am a little confused. On the Digitech website the 170n turbine is referred to as the "Nimbus Mk2" the description is identical to the Merlin Mk2 and it is also described as being made by Jets-munt who make the Merlin. Maybe Sandor could clear this up for us. If it is the Merlin under another name I am sure you would be as happy as I am with it.

John

yes like others we also buy the core engine in OEM from Jets munt sl in spain.
however ALL service and maintenance , warranty goes only thru us .
we supply a different ECU setup and more different options and added value. like lipo packages , fod screens , different valves
flame resistant cable,s , enclosed ecu.
the Software however that runs on our ECU is no secret and is a licensed version of Gaspar Espiell,s FADEC software.
our turbine has no Chrome housing .
as for the incredible Spool up time , a Merlin or ours is unique in its spool up time .and its the fastest you have ever seen
in a small package!.

as for you deciding what to buy ,i am trying to see it from your side.
i would buy probably locally(Dubai) a Merlin engine to have warranty next to your door , in case of a problem it could get expensive to send turbines
thru DHL and soon you could lose the profit and get frustrated.
this may sound not business like , but lets face it i have seen sad story’s and expensive postages , and lost packages.
i am not saying ours has issue’s , but if we know everything ahead it would be easy , i am just trying to help you in any way i can.
and see it also from a customer’s point of view .(yes i also was a customer once!)
Old 05-30-2006, 03:48 AM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sandor

Thank you for that quick reply. It's all clear now!

Rory

That was a typical helpfull response from Sandor, he would rather see you happy than sell you a turbine.

John
Old 05-30-2006, 05:06 AM
rorywquin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes - he has been very helpful by e-mail as well! He test runs the engines before shipping so I am happy that there will be no problems. The local (Dubai) agent would have to send the unit to Spain for anyting he couldn't handle so where I buy it makes little difference to me.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:27 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: john agnew

Sandor

Thank you for that quick reply. It's all clear now!

Rory

That was a typical helpfull response from Sandor, he would rather see you happy than sell you a turbine.

John
well the thing i really hate is that some manufacturers sell their stuff only and only to make a profit.
after the sale they are most of the time "busy".
i recently stopped selling a brand new type of turbine (70 series) because of lack of response and service from the manufacturer.
i had sold 3 units , and i offered all of them a full refund because i could not guarantee the fast delivery of service or parts.
luckily these engine seemed to run without problems and all are happy with them.
still i have taken them out of our program immediately.
and honestly i rather sell no engines then a problem engine or lack of parts and service.
because that will cost me only a lot of money and customers..