Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

hitec crx crappy range

Old 11-17-2006, 09:23 AM
thedub88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec crx crappy range

reading through some post, many said the range on there radio is farther than they can see. My range is only 100 feet or so, whats the deal? I cant get this car up to full speed because the failsafe goes to full brake. It's not because of over temp, low battery, or interferance, it does this everywere. I even went to other towns (I live in suburbia not the city)

I have

HPI RS4-3 18SS
Hitec crx with HS-325 servo, DCX 3 channel reciever
Venom smart temp fail safe
Old 11-17-2006, 10:02 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hitec crx crappy range

I suspect it's the venom failsafe, they have quite a bad reputation for causing problems. Try running without it to see if it contuinues to act up.

If it is down to the failsafe then replace it with another brand (ofna, gws etc) as running without a failsafe is never a good idea.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:37 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

I would guess failsafe as well. I have a synthesized CRX as my backup radio and I have no issues at all with range.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:21 AM
SportCrystals

The problem may be with your crystals. Try a set from Performance Devices that you can buy at www.buyrccrystals.com. Aside from general glitching going away, the range is usually better bacause the crystal's PPM spec is extremely tight (+/- 2ppm).
Old 12-11-2006, 08:44 PM
jimroad471

I got the SRX fm version and I glitch 50 yds+ on brushles Novak GTB 4.5. I'm really PO'd. I might go to a good Futaba fm system. It's strange that an old Traxxas 27mhz am does not glitch but that system , as you know, has no epa adjust.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:46 PM
SportCrystals

Your problem may be with the crystal(s). Let us send you a free sample that you can try out, as the tight stability tolerance of our crystals does in fact increase range in most cases coupled with doing away with unwanted hits.

Drop me an email to [email protected] and let me know what channel you want. If you like the performance, you can tell your buddies! The product and mailing will be at no charge to you.

Thanks,
Pete
Performance Devices

PS: Please look for our banners for crystals and tires. Simply AWESOME deals!

ORIGINAL: thedub88

reading through some post, many said the range on there radio is farther than they can see. My range is only 100 feet or so, whats the deal? I cant get this car up to full speed because the failsafe goes to full brake. It's not because of over temp, low battery, or interferance, it does this everywere. I even went to other towns (I live in suburbia not the city)

I have

HPI RS4-3 18SS
Old 12-12-2006, 07:54 PM
jimroad471

ORIGINAL: SportCrystals

Your problem may be with the crystal(s). Let us send you a free sample that you can try out, as the tight stability tolerance of our crystals does in fact increase range in most cases coupled with doing away with unwanted hits.

Drop me an email to [email protected] and let me know what channel you want. If you like the performance, you can tell your buddies! The product and mailing will be at no charge to you.

Thanks,
Pete
Performance Devices

PS: Please look for our banners for crystals and tires. Simply AWESOME deals!
Pete, I sent you my mailing address and I'm gonna try your crystal. Thanks!!

ORIGINAL: thedub88

I have

HPI RS4-3 18SS