Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

runing in sand

Old 01-03-2007, 03:16 PM
hardtail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default runing in sand

hi guys wht do you recommend i do to my savage to run in the dunes and what tyres also hve any of you done this what damage have you occured
Old 01-03-2007, 05:51 PM
GoFastTurnLeft

Default RE: runing in sand

i would highly reccommend the short paddles from proline. the tall paddles actually hook so good that most motors cant turn them and rapp them up. these short paddles rev up great and still hook great too resulting in better acelleration and top speed. these are 40 series tires though...
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXLLL8&P=7

if you need 17mm 40 series rims, here is what we are running...
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=++&search3=Go
[link]http://www.axialracing.com/tools/local/imageupload/content/Thumbnail/size6/2b2e07ba55ceb047bda0ac2c3817f9b3.jpg[/link]

ive also got a video somewhere if you want to see them run.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81669.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	589930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61064.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	589931   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33937.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	589932  
Old 01-03-2007, 09:20 PM
benzzyo5

i agree the paddle tires are probably best. do u have an aircomppresor? if u do cleaning it will be so easy just blow off all the sand. i will aslo make sure that the airfilter is on very tight. put a zip-tie on to keep the air filter around the carb neck, pull the zip-tie with pliers then cut off extra. keep it oiled good. and thats pretty much it
Old 01-03-2007, 09:41 PM
GoFastTurnLeft

ORIGINAL: benzzyo5

i will aslo make sure that the airfilter is on very tight. put a zip-tie on to keep the air filter around the carb neck, pull the zip-tie with pliers then cut off extra.
i second the motion! one of our buddies made a dual engine sand dragster for the drag strip and on his first test run ever on the sand, the car went about 10 feet, wheelied over, ripped off the wing, and knocked off both breathers. so there the car was running upside down in the sand and the carb throats were about 1/4'' from the sand suckin it up. luckily, nothing got into the motors and he went home to make a wheelie-ski.

your body will prevent most sand from getting in your truck when upside down, just be sure not to pick the truck up and accidentally scoop a bunch of sand into the truck as flip it over.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:35 AM
Davidwoth

i agree short paddles are the best but dont let to much sand get round the oily bits.