Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic Sequencer & Tamjet Failsafe

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic Sequencer & Tamjet Failsafe

Old 07-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Weatronic Sequencer & Tamjet Failsafe

I'm planning some purchases for a F-18 with gear doors. Thinking about weatronic and the tamjet failsafe. I was planning to use a separate sequencer, but with the software sequencer in the weatronic, seems I don't need one. However not sure this combo will work together.

Since weatronic will control the doors and gear separately, seems there is no opportunity for the tamjet to signal the weatronic to open the doors in case of failsafe...

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Edgar

Old 07-04-2007, 09:42 AM
asimace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weatronic Sequencer & Tamjet Failsafe

Even though I haven't any experience on the Weatronics I'd say you got it right...
The Tamjets Failsafe is an electronic device that overrides your gear channel so it must be placed in between your receiver and your gear servo/gear valve...
I use a UP3 automatic door/gear valve and the Failsafe is between the receiver and the valve servo... as soon as pressure drops the servo is operated and the UP3 valve opens doors and then gears...
I can't see how the Failsafe could tell the Weatronics to activate your doors/gears but lets wait and see if someone with direct experience can give more info.

Ciao!
Mauri, Italy
Old 07-04-2007, 03:03 PM
tamjets
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Edgar Perez

I'm planning some purchases for a F-18 with gear doors. Thinking about weatronic and the tamjet failsafe. I was planning to use a separate sequencer, but with the software sequencer in the weatronic, seems I don't need one. However not sure this combo will work together.

Since weatronic will control the doors and gear separately, seems there is no opportunity for the tamjet to signal the weatronic to open the doors in case of failsafe...

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Edgar

This question we got to ask Weatronic people. If the software able to detect signal from the gear failsafe and drive all the servo relative to gear.
That could be work.
Our new software work with Jetronic sequencer.
Brg,
Tam
Old 12-18-2009, 08:08 PM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi

Any news regarding this issue.

I am using a jetronics sequencer that I could put somewhere else and use the weatronics sequencer feature, though I am not sure if the slave channel(gear doors) will receive the imput from the tamjets failsafe.

regards
Old 12-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I could not make them work together. Ended up using the UP valve and the tamjet failsafe.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:48 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Your only option is to use two failsafes, one for each of gear and door connections.
H
Old 12-20-2009, 01:58 PM
jetnuno

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Well Harry

I am already working with one channel, a sequencer and a fail safe. What I wanted was to save the sequencer for another application, not really buy another failsafe.

it will stick as it is. Thanks for the imputs.

Regards

Nuno
Old 12-20-2009, 04:39 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: jetnuno
Well Harry
I am already working with one channel, a sequencer and a fail safe. What I wanted was to save the sequencer for another application, not really buy another failsafe.
That's what I am having to do. Both my Tx or the Weatronic in my F-100 can do the sequencing but both require 2 channels and since I wanted to use the Tam's failsafe in my F-100 I had no option but to use a separate sequencer.
H