Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Which radio .. age old question eh?

Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Which radio .. age old question eh?

Old 01-08-2008, 02:00 PM
jasonjax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which radio .. age old question eh?

I want to upgrade from my stock RTR junk. I think I have a bad transmitter actually from my RTR Evader. I bought a new receiver and even a new ESC troubleshooting it and I think it is going to wind up being my tx. Anyways I rant about wasting 80 bucks ...

So far I have looked a bit at all the major 2.4 players. The Airtronics MX3, Spektrum DX (3.0 maybe) and the Futaba FASST.

For a basher who might be racing this spring what would you recommend?

Thanks for the input!

-Jason

P.S. Bearing the possibility of racing in the future is there any reason to get a 3 channel capable tx instead of a 2 channel for off-road cars?
Old 01-08-2008, 11:02 PM
rpespo

Default RE: Which radio .. age old question eh?

I don't know about the other systems, but i have a Spektrum DX3.0 and love it. I am primarily a basher who also races informally on weekends at a local parking lot track. I have a Monster GT, an Inferno GT, and an FG Sportsline and use the DX3.0 for all three models. It has a ton of features and adjustments and is very affordable. You can probably get one for less than $250 on ebay. Extra receivers go for about $40-$60 on ebay. I know Spektrum is coming out with a newer, higher-end transmitter but unless you are a serious hard-core racer you are not going to need it. Good luck.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:20 AM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

http://thebarnfloor.com/catalog/prod...2945802a1f9eb9

I bought my Spektrum Dx2.0 there. It's amazingly cheap, and they have great shipping.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:50 AM
ecocav04

the spektrum 2.0 and 3.0 feel like a pile of dog poo in your hands. grab a futaba and then grap a spektrum and hit the brakes hold them and see wich feels best to you. i bought my m11 and my friend bought the 3pm and i had a jrxs3 pro and that thing felt terrible to the 3pm and my m11
Old 01-09-2008, 05:47 AM
RCUSEE

fasst > spektrum > mx3
Old 01-09-2008, 05:51 AM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

I love my DX2.0.

It doesn't feel very bad to me, but I guess people have their personal preferences, right?

It is a pretty amazing controller, though, for only $120.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:35 AM
ecocav04

ORIGINAL: UG0TB4NN3D

I love my DX2.0.

It doesn't feel very bad to me, but I guess people have their personal preferences, right?

It is a pretty amazing controller, though, for only $120.
hold a futaba and compare. my main complaint is to hit the brakes you have to stretch your finger out to the end of the world
Old 01-09-2008, 09:02 PM
JRexA

Also take a look at the Nomadio React.
http://ww.nomadio.net

I own a Nomadio Sensor, and I am VERY happy with it.

But find some of the radios, try to hold them, and if possible, try driving a little with them. Choose the one that feels the best for YOU, AND has the features needed.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:43 PM
spikeman

Well I don't know about those other remotes, but I have a spectrum DX2.0 and love it. I use it to run at my local track now and I'll use it when I start racing. I like how you never have to worry about being on someone elses channel.