Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Obsessed with giant planes???

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Obsessed with giant planes???

Old 02-10-2008, 09:49 AM
marzo91
My Feedback: (57)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obsessed with giant planes???

My wife has mentioned that I'm obsessed with this airplane stuff. Maybe I am.

Things could be worse. I rarely drink, I don't smoke, and I have no other expensive hobbies. I'm a non-traditional full-time respiratory student maintaining a 3.7 GPA, I also work part-time, and I have a perfect day-job offer (I graduate in May).

My family is well provided. The new house is paid for. I have a new Chevy truck and my wife has a 2008 Tahoe. The kids each have $30,000 in their college funds. My wife and kids have most of what they want.

How do you other (obsessed) guys deal with it?

I did what most obsessed plane fanatics would do....I ordered a new 35% Extra and a DA 100. What else could I do?

Old 02-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Don M.
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Obsessed with giant planes???

Well if you really loved your wife you would buy her a new diamond ring instead of blowing the cash on a new "self destructable toy"
Old 02-10-2008, 10:28 AM
marzo91

I did. I got her the big "Journey" diamond necklace.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:41 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u sound like you are fixed to me as i just picked up me a used 46% ultimate and now am in the middle of doing a bedrrom/bath remodel. Just call us peanut butter i will be spread like you between hobbies, family and life yeah baby.......

Hi all I am krayzc and I love planes

hi crazy lol

PS Doc Phill is not needed in this case
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50872.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	874801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85412.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	874802   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot48387.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	874803   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys49928.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	874804   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oa32082.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	874805  
Old 02-10-2008, 10:45 AM
CH3CH2OH

If you really love your wife you will get her a nice 40% extra. Don't worry your third wife will understand you addiction. I'll bet you never noticed how nice that type of plane looks on top of the dinning room table.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:58 AM
marzo91

Keep it coming guys. We all like to hear stories about each other.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Rush7
My Feedback: (74)

Hello everyone. I am addicted to this hobby also.

My wife works full time and has a second part time job so that I can support my hobby. I work when ever I feel like it and weather permiting.
I have an old used truck that runs as long as it is not raining outside. My wife catches a ride to work with the neighbor and then walks to her second job. Never really figured out how she gets home at night.
We have twin three year old girls and I cant wait until they can get a job and help out on the bills. We dont save any money for there college because it would kind of be pointless.[&:]

I spend all of my time and money on RC planes. I think we could probably cut back a little on my hobby spendings but I cant seem to go to the field without crashing one or two planes. If I could ever come up with a way to make money on crashed planes we would be set for life.

Well I gotta run down to the Kangaroo and pick up some lottery tickets.......Today could be my lucky day.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:50 AM
krayzc-RCU

rush7 man u r da man i am lmao with that 1......
Old 02-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Taildragger726

ORIGINAL: krayzc-RCU

rush7 man u r da man i am lmao with that 1......
Whats' so funny? He ain't joking!
Old 02-10-2008, 01:34 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Its not the money that is the issue for most.
Its the amount of time we dedicate to building and flying versus family needed time.
Who gives a crap at how much money you got to spend on everyone.
Its the fact that one can be a family oriented and deal with life's issues and responsibilites,and maintain
a few favourite aircraft,big or small at the same time,that's a delicate balance.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:32 PM
martinarcher
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: nitro wing

Its not the money that is the issue for most.
Its the amount of time we dedicate to building and flying versus family needed time.
Who gives a crap at how much money you got to spend on everyone.
Its the fact that one can be a family oriented and deal with life's issues and responsibilites,and maintain
a few favourite aircraft,big or small at the same time,that's a delicate balance.
Lots of truth in that.

I just got married last August and bought a house the previous March (had a huge build room in the basement ). She knew in advance she was marrying me and my hobby since I had a dozen planes before the wedding. She just shakes her head because they keep growing in size. Like a lot of the guys I started with the 40 glow 3D birds, then 1.20's, now gas. They keep getting bigger and flying better! I must say, putting the sun to bed on a nice calm summer evening with your favorite 3D bird is hard to beat. I'm sure addicted!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

Well I have a very understanding wife...she understands that I am addicted to the hobby. She understands that I spend all of my money and most of hers on MY hobby. She understands that she rearely sees me come flying season...she understands that for every new plane I get, she gets new shoes....I have several planes...she has hundreds of pairs of shoes...easy compromise.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:23 PM
CAP232CM
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: marzo91

Things could be worse. I rarely drink, I don't smoke, and I have no other expensive hobbies. I'm a non-traditional full-time respiratory student maintaining a 3.7 GPA, I also work part-time, and I have a perfect day-job offer (I graduate in May).

My family is well provided. The new house is paid for. I have a new Chevy truck and my wife has a 2008 Tahoe. The kids each have $30,000 in their college funds. My wife and kids have most of what they want.

I did what most obsessed plane fanatics would do....I ordered a new 35% Extra and a DA 100. What else could I do?

I don't think your obsessed more like a spoiled brat. To me you seem awful full of yourself. Some would also call people like you a topper. I feel sorry for your wife and kids to have to live with such an arrogant person as yourself.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:28 PM
CH3CH2OH

OUCH!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:32 PM
marzo91

ORIGINAL: CAP232CM

I don't think your obsessed more like a spoiled brat. To me you seem awful full of yourself. Some would also call people like you a topper. I feel sorry for your wife and kids to have to live with such an arrogant person as yourself.
How some people can turn a fun thread into a personal attack is beyond me. You've completely missed the point.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:48 PM
marc 540
My Feedback: (6)

If his family is well taken care of he deserve's his toy's!!! cap 232cm is just jelous and need's to keep his negative coment's to himself!!!

Marc 540[8D]
Old 02-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For years my wife complained about my hobby spending, the internet, and the time involved with both. Then I got lucky and ended up in a well rewarded career because of both the hobby and the internet. Without either one it would not have happened.

I have three gas giants that are currently flyable with three more sitting in their shipping boxes with engines on the shelf for them. Now I'm never home because of the job and when I am it's all hobby time. My wife loves it when I order R/C stuff because she waits until I leave to buy new stuff for her. Of course she always lets me know when she is considering new purchases. Note I did not say anything about asking if she should. In the last two years she's managed to get a new washer and dryer, king sized bed, dish washer, new oven/range, refridgerator, mini van, computer, microwave, ceiling fans, above ground pool, with carpet samples currently sitting in the living room.

As far as she's concerned I can get anything I want, lol

Cap232CM, you could really stand to lighten up a little.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:59 PM
marzo91

Thanks! He missed the point of the post. First off, the post was written to have fun with other people who know they're obsessed with our hobby as much as I am. Second, my family, their needs, and their futures come first for me; that's the way I want it to be, and that's the way it's ALWAYS been.

The point is, listen to me Cap, it I work my tail off to do whatever I can for my family. I want them to be happy with me and their lives. At that point I can feel O.K. about spending time and money on a few things for me.

Sincerely, TM
Old 02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
martinarcher
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: CAP232CM

How some people can turn a fun thread into a personal attack is beyond me. You've completely missed the point.
Agreed. Good job not fueling his fire and turning the thread back to fun! On with the stories!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:40 PM
nitro wing

There is a funny thread floating around called "you know your addicted to RC when"...
Some stuff is exremely comical
Old 02-10-2008, 04:47 PM
marzo91

Thanks! I'll check it out!
Old 02-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Rush7
My Feedback: (74)

I knew that I was addicted to R/C when I found that I could keep my plane engines running longer than my truck engine. Wonder if three DA 150's linked together would pull my old truck.[:-]
Old 02-10-2008, 06:14 PM
krayzc-RCU

nitro wing i did a thread like that years ago i am not sure that is the one u r talking about if so u still i am still on the bandwagon and loving life lol
Old 02-10-2008, 06:47 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People are fortunate to have passions in life. That's what makes life so enjoyable. As long as it's in balance it's ok. I think my hobby is in balance. I love making these 50cc gassers in my basement and seeing how well they fly. How much more fun can you possibly have?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:58 PM
3DAP

Yes definately lighten up a bit. My house truck and car are not paid off yet, and my wife let's me do whatever I want when I want. I even take her to the field with me and my son. It is a family outing she read's and sit's in the sun while my son and I fly all day. When we are not flying we are all riding our dirt bikes together. I could not ask for a better wife!!!! I can complain about the weather though.
Hey Silver any extra room for a family looking for good flying weather???? LOL Hope you are enjoying being home!!!!!

3DAP

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.