Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

mip 4-n-1 clutch help

Old 05-10-2003, 11:52 PM
rc10_gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mip 4-n-1 clutch help

I just got my mip 4-n-1 clutch for my rc10 gt and im not sure how to put it on. how do i slide it back the whole way?? the flywheel pins hit the spring that goes around it so it wont let my push it back the whole way and my clutch bell wont fit on now because of it...
Old 05-11-2003, 01:44 AM
grampi

You should have gotten a set of shorter pins with the MIP clutch. Did you? If so, you need to install these shorter pins in the flywheel. If you didn't get the pins, you need them.
Old 05-11-2003, 02:53 AM
rc10_gt

no i didnt get any pins just some weights. so i pushed the pins in the flywheel back and it works now thanks for the help grampi
Old 05-11-2003, 06:11 PM
elbowcreek

Make sure the pins are not sticking out in the back of your flywheel they will rub on the engine case and wear a hole in it also the weights are for fine tuning the clutch if you put in the weights your clutch will engage at a lower RPM and without the weights it will engage at a higher RPM
Old 05-11-2003, 07:02 PM
rc10_gt

they are sticking out a lil but i can see behind them and they dont rub or anyting.