Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Inquirey about hop-ups for a beginners vechicle

Old 06-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Takonci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inquirey about hop-ups for a beginners vechicle

I recently bought a XB RTR drift kit from my local hobby store...and Today I went to the Tamiya TCSS qualifiers and I was impressed. I did a comparison with our vehicle to theirs and everything outperforms ours.....And I was wondering what I could get to upgrade our vehicle with some of the qualities their RC possess.

- Things I am looking for

Turn Radius <- My RC seems to take really large radius to make a turn, I would like to know what I could do to make it do sharper turns anf faster response time
Speed- Im guessing a brushless motor would do wonders comapred to a stock one....

pretty much a non-drift GT1 or GT2 running racer....
Old 06-22-2008, 07:47 PM
mkoresh12

Default RE: Inquirey about hop-ups for a beginners vechicle

I'm not totally up on the TCS rules but I'm pretty sure you can't run brushless. If you have an XB its probably a TT-01. It will be difficult to be competitive with that vehicle unless your running against other TT01s. To start out with get ball bearings. The xb has plastic bushings. Next, get better shocks. If you can't get the TRF shocks then get the CVA shocks. Either will be better than the friction shocks. Next get the aluminum drive shaft to reduce flex. As for motor, find out whats allowed in the class you want to run. I believe those classes are limited to the 23t tamiya motors but I'm not sure. Theres many more hop ups available but these aren't that expensive and will get you started.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:10 PM
kingtiger1028
My Feedback: (3)

you can only run brushless in GT-2 or GT-3 in those classes you can also run lipo batteries. If you were to run in GT-2 i would suggest that you just get a well tuned 27t motor.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Takonci

sorry if I had some misunderstandings, Im not looking to race in a tournament, but to get my RC to that quality of speed...and racing casually...im just not sattisfied with specs of my car, that is it...I dont have any local hobby shops, or friends to compare my vehicle with, but its to satify my desire for asphalt..............and for brushed motors whut would be recommended?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:22 PM
kingtiger1028

do you want to keep drifting with it or just high speed runs up and down the street?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Takonci

running down the streets lol...but i want sharp turns and abel to stick to the ground
Old 06-22-2008, 08:41 PM
kingtiger1028

in that case look into a better servo, and the TRF dampers like mkoresh12 suggested. For a servo I would get this: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=JRPSZ590 I run one of them and it's been great so far.
Here are the TRF dampers: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=TAM53571