Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Hpi Sprint 2 drift (Updated with painted body)

Old 03-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Uncle Vinnie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi Sprint 2 drift (Updated with painted body)

Although not new to RC, for the last few years been running nitro RC cars.
Decided to go with an electric to make it a Shelf Queen.
I'm a big fan of HPI, and I will continue using HPI products.

I mostly run off road nitro cars, always a fan of on road cars, I just don't think they are very practical, as there isn't much good roads in my area, except my driveway where I can fit 8 cars, besides that, it's all off roading.

So, I decided to build an electric shelf Queen, decided on a HPI Sprint 2 Drift with no electrics, as I have extra parts to get it up an running.

For elerctics I've installed on it a: HPI RX-1 receiver, HPI SX-1 Servo, Duratrax 12T ESC, Venom 13T motor, and a Venom 1800NiCd 7.2V battery
Below are a couple of pics of the electrics installed, please give me your feedback on the installation, as I hate wiring, and tried to hide it as much as possible.

I do have one question as I'm not familiar with electric RC cars, the battery that I have (Venom 1800 NiCd) it only lasted about 5 minutes of running in the basement which is fully carpeted, and was operating at 150F, is that normal, or is there something wrong?????

Here are 2 pics of the chasis, give your feed back of the electrics installation. I'm working on the body as we speak, should have some pics up of the 350Z body soon, the colours I will be using will be red/black.

Thanks guys.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Willystylz

Default RE: My new Hpi Sprint 2 drift

that battery i'd say should be lasting a good 10 mins with that motor........has the battery been sitting around for a while? Might need some cycling to get some life back into it.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Casper06

I agree your battery is probably the problem. Maybe move to a slightly high capacity battery. They are pretty cheap these days for NiCD or NiMH 6 cells.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Uncle Vinnie

Here it is, this is my first painted body.
There will be more drift accessories update on this shelf queen.

Give me your opinion on the paint job and decals position.
I like just plain looking cars without to many graphics (not that I can paint good graphics anyways).
I like the realistic looking cars.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Willystylz

Default RE: Hpi Sprint 2 drift (Updated with painted body)

nice job on the body........it looks simple but sometimes cars are better with the clean look[8D] I hope you're gonna drive it once in a while at least............it wouldn't be very happy being a full-time shelf queen!
Old 03-15-2009, 03:35 PM
Casper06

Damn that is a great paint job. I wouldn't add anything else perfect the way it is. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Uncle Vinnie

Thanks, appreciate the comments.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:58 PM
nitro newby

Hey i know the problem is the venom batterys arean't that good they are cheap and don't last my bro had 1800 mah venom in a evader for about 2 days it all the sudden popped and put out smoke and a small flame luckly his battery wasn't hooked up or he coulda freid it