Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Got some video of my buggy today

Old 12-10-2009, 05:21 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some video of my buggy today

Nothing special, but I was bored, and wanted to run some since i had only ran a tank through it. I just got the buggy yesterday, and so far i really like it. Im impressed with the quality of it, and the XTM 24.7 engine runs great[8D] It was also COLD outside. 27* and a lot of wind. Too bad it wasnt snowing. Let me know what you think.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NklJ_kL5uNA[/youtube]

Eric
Old 12-10-2009, 08:12 PM
IloveMYxt2

Default RE: Got some video of my buggy today

I no longer have my XT2 but you can tell I enjoyed it a lot. It was one of the toughest RC's I have owned. Took a beating and came back for more.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:25 PM
futureboy1969

Hey, xtm has a wierd breakin method....run one tank...... than GO CRAZZY!! HA HA jk, did u realy only run one tank and she's creaming fast.. let her rip.....lol
have fun man
Old 12-10-2009, 09:25 PM
cummins driver

Oh, I got it used, I guess i should have specified

I definately wouldnt reccomend breaking one in like that.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:00 PM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

Looks fast. It has much better steering than my Ofna MBX Comp.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, the video quality is very good. But it is a bit long of the same thing, going back and forth.

I know it is hard sometimes, but do try to get a videographer who can pan along with it, zoom, etc, so you aren't limited to the field of view of your camcorder on the tripod.

It is possible to make a kickass video alone, with a tripod, but usually it would be done by taking a couple passes then moving to a different location, taking a couple more, etc. So there is some variety.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:04 PM
cummins driver

rast4man- Thanks, it is fairly quick with the 24.7 engine, and this thing really has some top end. It was running a little rich in the video, but if i lean it some and open it up out on the road it will flat eat up the road. It screams up top. I also noticed how good the factory steering servo is. It is the factory servo, and it is a cirrus servo, but i believe they are a high torque servo right from the factory. The throttle servo seems pretty strong too.

Jeremy Z- Yeah, I know its a tad long of mainly the same thing, but I was just trying to get some video of it, and wasnt real concerned with the quality today since the wind was blowing so hard and it was so cold out. I dont have a tripod, but i think I could probably do pretty good with one if i had one. The worst thing is that you can spend a lot of time moving from location to location, restarting the buggy, letting it idle while you setup, etc. And unfortunately i dont have anyone to video for me. Oh well, its better than nothing i guess[8D]
Old 12-10-2009, 11:14 PM
cummins driver

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

I no longer have my XT2 but you can tell I enjoyed it a lot. It was one of the toughest RC's I have owned. Took a beating and came back for more.
Yeah, I am really liking it so far. Im pretty impressed with the quality of the parts of the buggy. Whenever we get some warm days again, I wouldnt mind jumping it a little, but it may be this summer before i really get any weather good enough to try it out on some good dirt.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:33 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

Yeah, I am really liking it so far. Im pretty impressed with the quality of the parts of the buggy. Whenever we get some warm days again, I wouldnt mind jumping it a little, but it may be this summer before i really get any weather good enough to try it out on some good dirt.
You said many threads back that your dad has many acres, build a backyard track to unleash the buggies true capability! It is very boring going WOT back and forth IMO.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:23 AM
cummins driver

Yes I did. I had the bobcat out in our old dried up pond about 2 weeks ago cleaning it out to make a big smooth "dirt bowl" with some jumps in it, and hills coming out of it, but it was too wet still, and we got a FLOOD the past couple days which filled the pond back up(it never holds water unless it rains heavy for a while). So, I may have to wait until summer when it dries back up and either finish doing it there, or go back in the woods and clear out a spot to build a small track. I would like to do it though because ill agree it would be much more fun to run on. If there were some tracks close, I might would try my hand at racing just for fun, but im out of luck as far as that goes.

Eric
Old 12-11-2009, 01:41 AM
Jeremy Z

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

It was also COLD outside. 27* and a lot of wind. Too bad it wasnt snowing. Let me know what you think.
Well, since you asked, I think you're lucky it is so warm down there. [&:]

Today, the HIGH temperature where I am was 10°F. Windchill of -14°F. I think we have about 8" of snow on the ground.

I managed to walk my crippled ass downstairs, and had my lovely wife carry the Lunch Box and a stool out for me. I admit though, that I didn't make it through a whole battery pack; only about 20 minutes' worth. My toes were starting to get frostbitten, especially the exposed ones protruding from the plastic boot on my busted leg.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:02 AM
cummins driver

At least you have snow! If its gonna be cold, at least the snow makes it fun to run in....