Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

glow

Old 12-25-2009, 08:13 AM
nitrorc89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glow

just got a used savage .25 used really cheap... very good truck though i like it... i also have a aftershock and tmaxx... what is the best glow plug to run in the nitro star .25 i run 20% blue thunder... i usually run O.S. #8 would that be a good plug for this truck or what
Old 12-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: glow

I use the OS A5, a shorty, cold plug, it retards ignition and lowers the compression, so the engine runs a bit cooler.

It may not be the best "performance" plug though.

Note: My nitrostar 25 likes the same fuel you are using, but again, it may not be the best for performance.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:25 AM
nitrorc89

hmm i might have to look into them.... i run O.S 8 in my maxx and they are great for the weather and temperature and fuel i run for my maxx... but i know savage is a big block and maxx is small block
Old 12-25-2009, 02:35 PM
bigwaltc

I have a .25 in one of my Savage's I run a HPI R5 in it I run R5's in all my engines [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 12-25-2009, 04:28 PM
nitrorc89

i like this .25 alot really this has been one of the best motors i have ran its great.... always starts with ease and extremely easy to tune...
Old 12-25-2009, 05:11 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

an os 8 will be fine i ran them in my k4.6 for a while but i now run o donnels red sport, not a lot of time on these tho due to diff/brake/ airleak issues all at once all small issues airleak not so much but the other two that it basically killed all savage running this summer but yeahhh the #8's are fine if you have a bunch

the lug