Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Engine for Aerotech Chipumnk (Help)

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Engine for Aerotech Chipumnk (Help)

Old 07-11-2003, 02:24 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine for Aerotech Chipumnk (Help)

Hi,
I just picked up a used Aerotech Chipmunk from someone here on RCU. They recommend a 3.2 but I have a 2.8 (G45). Do you think it will fly ok? I'm looking for scale to about scale. It is buildt like a mac truck. She weighed it and the total for just the airframe was about 10lbs. I am not a 3Deee flyer. I just want to have some scale aerobatics. The engine runs really good and swings 20-10 and 21-8 props very good. Please let me know what you all think.

Regards,

Joe
Here is their web site for reference,
http://www.aerotech-rcmodels.com/super_chip_.html
Old 07-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Aerotech

Hello,

This is John from Aerotech. I have never tried that size motor but I think if you do you may be underpowered and tail heavy. We designed he plane around a 3.2, G62. I can't recal anyone every using that size engine before. Hope this helps.

John

www.aerotech-rcmodels.com
Old 07-11-2003, 03:18 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Thanks John,
I think the zenoah may be heavier than the brison 3.2 but the under powered part is what I am concerned with. Can you or anyone comment where the minimum air speed is in terms of throttle position with the 3.2? Does it fly well at 1/2 throttle or 1/4? I may be happy with it if it flys nice. The G45 swings 20-10 ultra at 7000. The G62 swings 22-10 at 7000.

Joe