Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Diabolic from Topmodel

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Diabolic from Topmodel

Old 11-27-2002, 02:37 PM
Marcel van Raak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diabolic from Topmodel

Anyone has comments about this plane?
http://www.topmodelcz.com/gb/diabolic.htm

I can buy a used one and if i decide to buy it i will put a OS 91 on it!
Someone has flown one?

Thanks,
Raptor30
Old 11-27-2002, 06:14 PM
3dbatixkid

I was gonna order one but they were out os stock. I really want one though, dunno if I will get one.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Xavier Mouraux

A friend of mine had one earlier this summer. It is well made but he had a lot of problems with the moving stab. On the first flight, we could see the stab fluttering. He work on eliminating all play before we flew it again. He had installed a strong digital JR servo on the elevator and one day the servo broke off is support when the stab moved sideway and the rod jamed in in the fuse. He crashed and badly damaged the front of the plane and one wing. He rebuild it and change to a standard stab configuration. On the 3rd flight after rebuild, both stab came off from flutter again, pulling of the servos from the fuse. This time the plane was totaled.
The 2 pieces wing has 2 small aluminium tubes going across the fuselage. They need to be really parrallel and the proper size. My friend had to sand one of the tube that was too big by a few 1/1000".
After the second crash, he got a Madness from ZN line and is very happy. I have been flying my Madness for a year and half (around 150 flights) and I could hover at 2in from the ground, fly very slow, blinder etc. It is a 40-50 size plane.
You could see some picture of the Madness on my website.

Xavier
http://xavier-avion-rc.freeservers.c...rc/madness.htm