Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Servos

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Servos

Old 07-08-2010, 10:26 PM
DREAMER-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servos

Has anyone used the Power HD servos from Troy Built Models? Seem to offer high torque for low prices.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:27 PM
mavrick
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Servos

HI Dreamer
I got some of the 7.2 KG one's from HobbyKing for retract valve's Emergency shut off and nose wheel steering ect but I am not sure I would like to trust them any where else might be all right for flaps but thats as far as I would go. They are probably as good as any thing we are using now but you just don't know.
Mav
Old 07-09-2010, 06:50 AM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we've got a few local guys who buy/use them in 50cc gas and smaller glow setups, they've had 5 or 6 failures out of about 30 servos and they say they can live with that, personally I can't, that's too high a failure rate.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:23 AM
RobinLeblond

I had them on my Extra, and had 2 gear faillure, so I won't used them anymore...

And by the way, Any suggestions for replacement on my extra, any good digital or non digital futaba servos for a 70 inches prop plane ?
(but not too $$$, I would not use the same quality as for my jets...)
Old 07-09-2010, 08:17 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Been using 4 HD 9110MG for about a year and half and had no problems with them so far. The specs are very good, (digital,metal gear,has b.bearings, 10 kg/cm of torque, able to work with 6 v).. and as I needed to replace the servos in my Kangaroo, (in Brazil a new jet servo is sold for $200+ each) this servos maked a lot of sense. and as they worked for me I bought another bunch of them for a new mid-sized jet project.

Only thing that I didn´t liked is the wire, wich seems to be more fragile than JR or Futaba.. easy to get a dent on it if left out of the wing while assembling the plane. for example.

Enrique
Old 07-09-2010, 09:41 AM
sonicboom

look at aircraft world

http://aircraft-world.com/shopdispla...radio+-+SERVOS

My friends and I have been using these servos on our gassers and jets and there are the best servos I have ever used. No more JR or Futaba for me.. No backlash and I mean none.!! Cheap, powerful.. Im using the HS16 on my 2m Viper elevators and they are rock solid and are tiny!

They are definately worth a look..

Cheers