Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster F-100

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster F-100

Old 07-27-2010, 07:11 PM
DEVILDOG
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skymaster F-100

Is there any Skymaster F-100 owners out there that has their fuselage guts in with no problems (I doubt it!!!)

I'd like to to see one with the intake, fuelcells, speed brake cylinders , nose gear steering servo and of course the cockpit installed. It can happen if you disstort the intake and run it crooked. Dimentionally it can't fit!!

I can get it all in after I tore out the speed brake mounts and cylinders, but the cells still interfere with the steering servo and I have the arms cut as short as possible.

Ever wonder why skymaster doesn't have a video of the F-100 flying on their web sight? Try to build one and you'll know.
The manual isn't even shots of a finished model just pieces put in and pictures taken.

I would trade this thing for a box of jelly doghnuts!!!! ( for you lawyers out there NOT REALLY.)

Old 07-27-2010, 08:03 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Skymaster F-100

I will send you some jelly dounuts....

David
Old 07-27-2010, 08:13 PM
DEVILDOG

I'll take'em!!!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 08:24 PM
DEVILDOG

Hers a few pics of my headach.
pic 1 is what you will see with the flaps deployed. Live hinging shouldn't end up with an eye sore like this. keep in mind that this cost me over 4K.
2nd pic is of the hatches needed to tighten up the stab horns. This was not part of the manual but there no way to get at them. I had to make my own teflon bushings as there was none in the kit but are needed per manual. again remember 4K
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52431.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	1474379   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30999.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1474380  
Old 07-27-2010, 08:33 PM
DEVILDOG

pic 3 is of my tail pipe that I extended 3 inches. I moved the engine 2 1/2 inches forward. There is no reason for it to be back where it is. My personal preferance. I will save at least a pound for balancing but not there yet (obviously.)
This pipe is for mock up only and will be tacked together.
pic 4 is with tanks installed on top of speed board mounts and cylinders. This raises the tanks 1 1/4 inch which in return makes the inlet 1 inch to high to sit on the by pass as in the next pic

Name:	Jh14756.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1474384   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16236.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1474385  
Old 07-27-2010, 08:40 PM
DEVILDOG

here is the main inlet pipe. it is over 28 inches long. Showing it along a 28/10 prop

With tanks installed this pipe cannot be installed with out crushing it to get it in. It would be destroyed to do so.

Soooooo I'm guessing that the tanks will have to be shoe-horned in after the inlet is in. I've messed with doing so and gave up for the night. Not a very friendly model to assymble. Again 4K!!!!!! for another 3K I could've got one that goes together. Any way too late now!!!!!

Now imagine that the cockpit is in and your trying to get this pipe hooked up to the front inlet.

Name:	Yw68446.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	1474386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95611.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1474387  
Old 07-27-2010, 08:45 PM
DEVILDOG

To get the inlet correctly down on the by-pass I had to rip out the speed board mounts and cylinders that I paid extra to have installed. This means that I will have no functional speed brake. AGAIN 4K

I would love to have my money back or another kit
I also would love to see a vid of theirs flying with everything working including speedboards.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:48 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Why not split the intake into two pieces like the BVM? The front piece (from the inlet to the front of the cockpit hatch) gets glued in permanently and the second piece comes out to service the nose gear mounts and the air brake mechanism.

Bob
Old 07-27-2010, 10:18 PM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know a great builder..lol cheap to boot, but more than jelly doughnuts. Saves on frustration so you can just fly..
Old 07-28-2010, 05:19 AM
DEVILDOG

The inlet is like BVs. There is a front piece , then this long piece then another short piece.

As far as being a builder. I've built every Yellow aircraft War birds several of their jets BVMs P-80, T-33, F-100, F-86 and Bob CatXL Comp arf P-51 and the list keeps going. I dont need a builder. Just something that I paid ALOT of money for to be designed correctly instead of thrown together to get on to the next half designed project.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:07 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: DEVILDOG

The inlet is like BVs. There is a front piece , then this long piece then another short piece.

As far as being a builder. I've built every Yellow aircraft War birds several of their jets BVMs P-80, T-33, F-100, F-86 and Bob CatXL Comp arf P-51 and the list keeps going. I dont need a builder. Just something that I paid ALOT of money for to be designed correctly instead of thrown together to get on to the next half designed project.
I wonder if this is a sign of things to come on their new F14. Is this a new F100 kit or the first rollout? Looks like the prototype. 4k eh? sheesh!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:21 AM
KFX450
My Feedback: (30)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry didnt mean anything personal by it, i hear ya, I have built a lot of crap and sometimes the frustration isnt worth it to me. Especially paying 4K for something that needs extra work, as it definitely shouldnt. Try raising holy hell with them. Squeaky wheel always gets the grease
Old 07-28-2010, 11:24 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

LOL, seems just like a regular SM kit to me.
I agree, 4K is just too much. In the end at least you get a pretty plane.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:21 PM
A343
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

I wonder if this is a sign of things to come on their new F14. Is this a new F100 kit or the first rollout? Looks like the prototype. 4k eh? sheesh!
It is a former MIBO F-100 kit. Now manufactured by SM. Turbo Didi in Germany has also sold and flown it some years ago. I saw him fly it at a JetPower meet, maybe 4-5 years ago. (flew great)

Check this thread post #6 by Anton:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_85...tm.htm#8513065

Thomas
Old 07-28-2010, 01:54 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: A343

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

It is a former MIBO F-100 kit. Now manufactured by SM. Turbo Didi in Germany has also sold and flown it some years ago. I saw him fly it at a JetPower meet, maybe 4-5 years ago. (flew great)

Check this thread post #6 by Anton:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_85...tm.htm#8513065

Thomas
Why was that thread closed?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:12 PM
DEVILDOG

KFX450. No problem at all just given up a little back ground of myself.

I'll get this thing together. It will probably not have a speed brake though. I have an idea to add horns to the brake itself and move the cylinders infront by the nose wheel gear door, I'm not sure if the angle of the dangle will be correct to make it function properly. We'll just have to see.

I'm really just dissapointed than mad.

A343 thanks for the thread info. VERY interesting. It will be a good looking jet when finished I agree. I didn't realise that MIBO was this retarded!!!

Manufacturers need to be held responsible for there products. As do the distibutors for them. The company that sold this kit to me is a company that I have done biusness with for years and I know DAMN well that they knew nothing about this kit and surprisingly sold it to me any way!!!! I will address them about this as I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars with them.

Heres another bit of info about this kit. The system to hold the wings on is a bolt through the fuse into the wing (simular to 3D airplanes now days.
The access to this is behind the fuel tanks. You would have to take out the middle inlet piece (28") then the tanks, put the bolt in, reassymble everything, go fly and when done for the day do that again. (RETARDED)
I of course will drill through the spare and into a maple block or maybe something better if it comes to mind like duct tape them to the fuselage would be better than what SM is offering.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:22 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Manufacturers need to be held responsible for there products. As do the distibutors for them.
[sm=thumbup.gif] [sm=thumbup.gif] [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all this information ... I'll never buy any Skymaster jet after reading your nightmare with their product. When I pay 4 g's (or even 2 g's), I expect to get a perfectly engineered product, not something that needs modifications due to design flaws. YIKES !! I guess they should start hiring adults ... not 11 year olds that they pay $10 a week.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:29 PM
DEVILDOG

Airplanes400. This is my last purchase with any type of skymaster product ,and I was so looking forward to the A-10 to build this winter.

I'm more dissapointed about what I paid for an extremely under engineered build. I built a Comp Arf P-51 but I knew it was a heap of crap to build before I ordered it. I have it built and love it as I will this but the P-51 was only 1800 with retracts.
This was 4Gs and I have to re-engineer every thing even to include cutting up the cockpit to be rebuilt out of a lite ply tub that I will then screw to the intake that will have a block glued to it for screwing attachment.

This will be a great design when I'm done designing it. Every thing will be able to be taken out by unscrewing rather than ripping it out from using silicone to hold things in place. I will post all of the fixes that I do when complete. It will be a HUGE thread to show the fixes that I do!!!!! HUGE!!!!!

This will include a newly designed by-pass that will allow the engine to be moved foreward 2 1/2 inches. (VERY COOL!!!) THIS IN ITs SELF WILL BE BAD ***** Hint; it will allow air to be deverted around the wing tube. The top of the tube will be directed into the turbine intake and there will be air going underneith to go between the engine and the by-pass for cooling the engine.

I will have to say that the intake "HAD" a notch to fit over the tube that made the light in my head go on, but SM should've had this in their design.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:54 AM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Hers a few pics of my headach.
pic 1 is what you will see with the flaps deployed. Live hinging shouldn't end up with an eye sore like this. keep in mind that this cost me over 4K.
2nd pic is of the hatches needed to tighten up the stab horns. This was not part of the manual but there no way to get at them. I had to make my own teflon bushings as there was none in the kit but are needed per manual. again remember 4K
Dear Sir.

We feel sorry about the issues you encountered. Although we already built F-100 many times,we’ll still restart building one F-100 from beginning and will take more attention to the sections where you addressed.We’ll pick out those questionable assembly parts that you said above and make improvements if necessary.

First I ask my staff for install the elevators for F-100. please see the attached picture. i think that you may install elevator at the wrong side.

Best regards

Anton

Name:	Hf99538.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1474911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36438.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1474912  
Old 07-29-2010, 11:00 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

here is the main inlet pipe. it is over 28 inches long. Showing it along a 28/10 prop

With tanks installed this pipe cannot be installed with out crushing it to get it in. It would be destroyed to do so.

Soooooo I'm guessing that the tanks will have to be shoe-horned in after the inlet is in. I've messed with doing so and gave up for the night. Not a very friendly model to assymble. Again 4K!!!!!! for another 3K I could've got one that goes together. Any way too late now!!!!!

Now imagine that the cockpit is in and your trying to get this pipe hooked up to the front inlet.

I'm just wondering, when the fuse is open from the back before it's bolted on, why are you trying to install the inlet duct from through the canopy hatch?
Old 07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

I'm really just dissapointed than mad.

A343 thanks for the thread info. VERY interesting. It will be a good looking jet when finished I agree. I didn't realise that MIBO was this retarded!!!

Manufacturers need to be held responsible for there products. As do the distibutors for them. The company that sold this kit to me is a company that I have done biusness with for years and I know DAMN well that they knew nothing about this kit and surprisingly sold it to me any way!!!! I will address them about this as I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars with them.
I'm going to step out on a limb here to see if I understand what you are saying.......You bought a Skymaster F-100 from BVM, it was cheaper than the BVM F-100 but not as well engineered, (even though it is about $3K cheaper) but yet somehow BVM should make sure it is the same quality level as their F-100 just because they are the distributor for SM. I can follow that rationale.....I think BVM should give you an F-100 (BVM of course) then build the Skymaster one for you as well. Maybe give you another kit of your choice......(Go for the Ultra Bandit!!!)

Just looking at the pictures it looks like you botched your way through the elevator install, then tried to stuff a square peg into a round hole (inlet installation through the hatch.....DOH!)

Just sayin.....
Old 07-29-2010, 02:09 PM
DEVILDOG

David R. I didn't botch anything. The flat spots to mount the horns are in 2 differant locations causing one elevator to only be able to have 20mm of up travel before hitting the stab block bulkhead.45mm is what is mentioned for full deflection. I contacted Jeff at Skymaster- USA hoping to get another matching one or at least a mtching set and never heard back so I moved forward notching the bulkhead to allow more deflection. This one side caused me to be unable to put the bolts in as pictured. This side needed a hatch so I did both sides. You are not really able to get at the 4 screws in a manner that would allow proper tightening.(my opinion as I want the allen driver to be able to be seat properly so as not strip out the button heads.

As far as needing a kit from BVM (since you mentioned his name) I don't want anything from anyone. Just good products. I NEVER thought that this would be even close to a BVM F-100. But it should go together with out complete dissaray.
The inlet going through the hatch is what would be needed if you use the wing bolt throught the fuse to the wing. Sooooo I guess your Idea would be to take out the turbine then the by-pass. put the wings and bolts on and then add the inlet by-pass and turbine. Not to mention the bolts are behind the fuel tanks so they would have to come out also. OH YEA I almost forgot you would have to take the aft section of the fuse off also.

ANTON. If I had the horns on the wrong way the stabs wouldn'T even be able to go in the up elevator direction (FOREWARD) because the horns would hit the bulkhead immediately

Her is a pic of the horn covers with full forward deflection. Horn hitting the bulkhead I'm not be able to get a driver on the screws. Look at the differance the flat plates are on the horns. This is a manufacturing issue. Some sort of jig needs to be used to have them the same. I feel it is necessary to have the horns and linkages the same angle, throw etc. etc. etc. I believe that everone agrees??????? Pictures are worth a thousand words and I can take all that is needed.

I'll post all of the crap that you BVM reps want to ***** about and really show how screwed up this thing is. I didn't mention the elevator flat spot problem untill now. I can keep posting!!!!!

Name:	Lj21735.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1475104  
Old 07-29-2010, 02:39 PM
DEVILDOG

Well now that David R has me interested in showing him the rest I will. Look at the pic above. the bearing block have an outer and inner bearing. The outer bearing has no system to hold it in. you put it in move the elevator forward and back a few times and it falls out. No biggy I glued it in with CA I hope the glue doesn't decide to give out at 180 MPH + also there is only the control horn that keeps the stab held in place. The flat spot is about a 1/4" inch bigger so the stab could easily slide out this much which would cause some kind of catistrophic failure due to flutter. and hopefully not at the Miss after burner meet that someone else built one of these from the kit plans and it goes into the crowd. Who will get sued for this under engineered abortion. Everyone one involved with this kit I'm sure except for Anton since he's out of the coutry, but I'm no lawyer.
God forbid of course.
Well I'm not going to glue them in I am turning some pieces to slide over the ends to hold not only the bearing on but to keep the stab in place as well.

I wonder how many SM kits are flying at meets with this same design? China safety is completely differant than ours. I WOULD NEVER FLY THIS AS PER MANUAL I'll put money on that BVM models agrees if not Bob himself(since you brought his name into this)

heres the pic again to make it easier for everyone.

I'll take a break for now and then will post how the original tail pipe mounting straps are not long enough to get to the turbine rails since they deleted the aft rail section at production. we're on our own again.
Feel free to bring it on David. I fix engineers mistake for my job and have the same engineer sign off on the way to do it correctly that I designed. Construction egineers!!! HMMMMM

Name:	Nl30105.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1475110  
Old 07-29-2010, 02:57 PM
DEVILDOG

Anton. Since your team has built so many F-100s. how do you keep the inner bearing in? And my question to you is: do you agree that the stab possibly could slide out a little bit especially since without a hatch you
really can't get on those horn scew to secure them to the torque that they should be at. Whatever that is. If this was to happen the stab would oscilate fore and aft violently untill failure. I understand that these will fly this way but there is a very strong possibity that this could happen.

respectfully submitted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.