Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies 224 2.4Ghz Transmitter and Receiver

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Tower Hobbies 224 2.4Ghz Transmitter and Receiver

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 10:18 AM
disjaukifa
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower Hobbies 224 2.4Ghz Transmitter and Receiver

Hey,

Has anyone here gotten and used the Tower Hobbies 224 Transmitter and Receiver? I pre-ordered one since the price was just unbeatable price at 74.99. I was just curious as to if anyone had gotten one yet and used it. I currently own a Spektrum DX3S and I love it. I use it on my two Nitro cars. I pre-ordered this transmitter for my wife. She is really beginning to get into the electric scene but she has used my Spektrum DX3S in the past when I tried it on her electricc buggy but then I put the stock pistol radio back on it.

Of course, the 2.4Ghz is faster than the old AM/FM transmitter and she has commented that her transmitter seemed to have a lag in the signal compared to the one I was using and I told that yes it did. Well she asked if she could my transmitter and I said sure and then I told her how much it cost. She said it was too expensive, I had gotten mine in a trade from a buddy at work. I ordered this one as she just bashess around the yard with me and only use her Traxxas Slash that I got for her.

If anyone has gotten this Tx/Rx already please post you thoughts about it. I will post a review once I get the one I order for my wife.

Thanks
Disjaukifa
Old 05-27-2009, 11:40 AM
disjaukifa
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Tower Hobbies 224 2.4Ghz Transmitter and Receiver

Hey Guys,

I canceled my order for the Tower Hobbies 224. It was not because it looked like a bad Tx/Rx combo but rather because I got a used Spektrum DX2 system from a friend at work and just no longer need that one. I would still love to hear a review of that Tx/Rx when it comes out.

Admins can you please delete this thread as it is now null and void???

Thanks
Disjaukifa
Old 06-20-2009, 08:44 PM
thomsonrctrack

I bought 3 of these controllers for guys out at Thomson RC Track in Sault Ontario to get them off the 27mhz. and they were impressed. after a couple days of running them the feedback i have been getting is there are a few glitches. The steering servo ocasionally will stick at full left or right for about half a second. also the failsafe will not properly work when we tried turning off the transmitter with the steering full over, but when the steering is not being used and the throttle is full, it will work. We have only had them for a few days and these were the first off the line, we intend on running them for a few weeks and trying different servos and reciever voltages, then contacting tower for possible returns or replacements.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:26 AM
redgrinde

How's it going, just wondering how things are progressing with these transmitters.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:46 PM
jude26
My Feedback: (1)

I just got one. I put it with my Schumacher Rascal and so far I love it. Great range just like my Futaba Fassst. Only four AA batteries and no antenna on the receiver which is great. I tried the failsafe and it worked well for me. It does not apply the brakes on the throttle, but it brings it back to neutral. I recommend it.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Roxon

you say it has great range? interesting... could you guess at what the range of this tx/rx would be? im using an old am traxxas on my new smartech firehammer MT and i live in the country no interference or anything and im running around 2 acres and its doing "well enough" but do to the cost of this truck im thinking on investing in a new radio. i use tower alot since im very far from the nearest hobby store. i have seen this radio and wondered about it. i have no experience with a 2.4g radio but im sure its better than this am traxxas.. my question would be "how much better" someone guess the range in feet of this radio plz
Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
richardcranium

I got one a few weeks ago. I have installed it in my Mammoth, Rustler, HPI RS4 MT2, and Ofna Ravager. Before I did this I was having lots of radio issues. I have not had any issues with this radio as of yet. I live on two acres (house in the middle) and I can stand on the roof of the house and control it all over the property without any problems. I dont know how many feet that is. I only hope they are built to last.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:16 PM
hunternaf

Well I too bought the tower 2.4 and a spare rx one for my rt-x27 and one for my prather 31" deep vee with KB 3.5 then I bought a blitz with velineon esc and motor so I put the spare rx there no problems what so ever for the first couple kours of use then my rt-x27 started responding very slowly to the controller but that may have been weak rx (new 1600mah hump pack on first charge) or weak batteries in the tx will recharge and replace and respond again so far I am very happy
Old 04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
dacaur

You can get the spectrum DX3E for $99.... Its a little more than the tower radio, but worth it. You get the 3rd channel, no worries about glitches, its compatible with the spektrum stuff you already have, plus any lost 2.4 stuff, and later when you want a better transmitter you can upgrade to spektrums top of the line and still use your old recivers. Specktrum is the about only MFG currently that you can buy the bottom line 2.4 stuff, then upgrade to the top of the line without buying new recivers...
Old 11-09-2010, 08:47 PM
hunternaf

last night of voting if anyone could cast there vote my way its here at http://apps.facebook.com/contestshq/...1?ogn=facebook thanks gary