Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

trying to start himOto buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 10:38 AM
jman214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trying to start himOto buggy

I am trying to do the break in I get it started pretty easy but when I take the glow plug out it cuts off. And how do I stop it from pre rolling sorry if I sound crazy but this is my first nitro and I just want to get it going thanks
Old 12-31-2010, 11:06 AM
DaveG55

Default RE: trying to start himOto buggy

New engines can be a pita to get through break-in sometimes.
If the engine is dieing when the glow plug ignitor is removed then you are probably too rich on the HSN. But, you want to be rich during break-in so don't back it off very much. Only enough to keep it running. As a matter of fact, it won't hurt for the engine to run with the ignitor attached while it idles and warms up. Don't worry too much about the moveing forward at this point. That's a function of not being tuned yet and you'll fine tune it after the break-in. If it's just trying to really go right now then you can back out the idle screw a little. Before adjusting the idle be sure that the throttle trim on the radio is turned down.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:13 AM
jman214

So. Do you know what the hsn and lsn need to be set at
Old 12-31-2010, 11:20 AM
jman214

Himoto buggy for sale 80 buck its yours I'm out
Old 12-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: jman214

Himoto buggy for sale 80 buck its yours I'm out
WHAT!??!!
DONT GIVE UP THAT EASY
they are so fun...

Old 12-31-2010, 12:15 PM
jman214

Come on guys help me please I don't want to pay hobbytown 80 bucks to beak it in for me at first when I first started it it was Easy but bow I messed with the lsn what are the setting for both of them to get it starter and running
And how do you know it needs richning and leaning
Old 12-31-2010, 12:19 PM
Devils-Reject
My Feedback: (8)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAggkhHqEkw[/youtube]

watch youtube videos
everything you need to know can be shown to you
easier than reading it, you can see it done
this guy has great videos
Old 12-31-2010, 07:43 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i posted this in another thread. you dont have to replace lines but do check them and the glow plug.;

check/ replace fule lines, check tank, remove and check glow-plug, replace it as they foul very quickly after break in, there are two bogging sounds a engine will make one is a deeper almost gurgle, one is almost like it cuts out, typically the gurgle is caused by the high speed being too rich, the cut is from too lean a high speed setting or low speed being too lean.

once you replace glow-plug, glow plug igniter battery, and lines, start it up then quickly pick up the car, and revv the engine, a medium cloud of smoke should pour out, and have just a slight hesitation, followed by a very rapid and fast rev, if not, adjust the high speed, if it starts to rev quickly then bogs, with little smoke, richen it up with 1/4 turns counter clockwise, revving it up each time. if it bogs a long time with thick smoke and revs high, it is to rich, lean it by turning 1/4 turn clockwise.