Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Low voltage cutoff source

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 05:08 PM
jdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low voltage cutoff source

Have some turnigy lipos coming for a stock Slash. What is a good low voltge sensor to get, and from where?? Would like one with a buzzer along with the leds.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:00 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Low voltage cutoff source

Well if its an XL-5 slash LVC's won't work, what you need is a low voltage alarm. They plug in the balance port of the battery.
Go to ebay type in "LiPo Low Voltage Alarm" around 100 will pop up
I've got the red with the single buzzer, and the greens with a single buzzer, they both work fine and will alarm when any cell his 3.4(or was it 3.2) Volts
Just a note they will NOT turn off the ESC, or give any feedback like slowing the motor it is mostly auditory (unless you can see the blinking LED's), but damn is that siren annoying I doubt you could stand running it for a minute after it alarms.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Low voltage cutoff source

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Go to ebay type in ''LiPo Low Voltage Alarm'' around 100 will pop up
All you need to know.