Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Track pics from awhile back

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Revashley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track pics from awhile back

I took these shots awhile back and figured I'd share them here. These were shot at the local track in Boca Raton Florida, at South County Park. Great group of guys that run there too...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ec89502.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	1551035   Click image for larger version

Name:	up48308.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	412.0 KB
ID:	1551036   Click image for larger version

Name:	bg94093.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	1551037   Click image for larger version

Name:	sm27954.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	1551038   Click image for larger version

Name:	cn79143.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	1551039   Click image for larger version

Name:	jz40023.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	189.7 KB
ID:	1551040   Click image for larger version

Name:	vx47776.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	221.5 KB
ID:	1551041   Click image for larger version

Name:	nm41304.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	1551042  

Click image for larger version

Name:	om93119.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	1551043  
Old 01-21-2011, 07:26 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Track pics from awhile back

Nice pictures man, thanks for posting[8D]

Cool to see a t-maxx out on the track too. Wish they still had a lot of MT racing.

Eric
Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 PM
ElectricGuy007

I like the E-Revo with the blue wheels...[8D]
And the 4th & last picture is a 4wd slash. I remember seeing them with those black shells on them.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:43 AM
Revashley

Hey thanks guys, I've gotten into the habit of bringing my camera out with me whenever I run my R.C. stuff, and when I'm done running I'll fire off some shots of whoever else is running. Kinda blending my two favorite hobbies. Here's a couple more that I posted in the boating section of my Miss Geico, figured I'd share them too

<br type="_moz" />
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	yw66419.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	1551270   Click image for larger version

Name:	kf12954.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	1551271  
Old 01-22-2011, 09:55 AM
magnus213

Great pictures! Looks warm down there.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:16 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

Cool to see a t-maxx out on the track too. Wish they still had a lot of MT racing.

Eric

MT racing definitely brought many new people into the racing scene...However it also scared away just as many.... MT's are not designed for track use in the same way Buggies and Truggies are....Its much more difficult to drive a MT around a track..therefore the MT's ended up crashing tons which resulted in huge amounts of machine failures... The constant wrenching and cost to keep a MT race worthy was what pushed everyone to drop MT's and go into Truggies....As well due to huge amounts of crashing MT's were a nightmare to marshal....... It was a hugely popular class at one time, and it was responsible for a huge growth of racing...however it just didn't last as the machines were so heavilly handicapped vs the Buggies and Truggies....In MT racing it was seldom about who was the fastest or had the best machine, it was often about who didn't break....At the Canadian nationals 14 trucks entered the A-Main...only 5 completed the race...in Buggy 14 entered and 13 finished.... So in the end all the MT guys switched over to Truggy........now the new emerging class is SC... which tho not as capable as a Buggy or Truggy they are much more durable and capable on the track then the MT's were..........Believe it or not, but tracks can be murder to a MT, you will break parts you never thought you could break........ One thing I do miss about MT racing was the wide diversity of machines on the track...from fully truggified Revo's to jacked up extended Savages.... Watching the races was very entertaining as it was constant carnage and wreckage... tho being a marshal was a huge PITA....
Old 01-22-2011, 10:27 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: supertib

Eric

MT racing definitely brought many new people into the racing scene...However it also scared away just as many.... MT's are not designed for track use in the same way Buggies and Truggies are....Its much more difficult to drive a MT around a track..therefore the MT's ended up crashing tons which resulted in huge amounts of machine failures... The constant wrenching and cost to keep a MT race worthy was what pushed everyone to drop MT's and go into Truggies....As well due to huge amounts of crashing MT's were a nightmare to marshal....... It was a hugely popular class at one time, and it was responsible for a huge growth of racing...however it just didn't last as the machines were so heavilly handicapped vs the Buggies and Truggies....In MT racing it was seldom about who was the fastest or had the best machine, it was often about who didn't break....At the Canadian nationals 14 trucks entered the A-Main...only 5 completed the race...in Buggy 14 entered and 13 finished.... So in the end all the MT guys switched over to Truggy........now the new emerging class is SC... which tho not as capable as a Buggy or Truggy they are much more durable and capable on the track then the MT's were..........Believe it or not, but tracks can be murder to a MT, you will break parts you never thought you could break........ One thing I do miss about MT racing was the wide diversity of machines on the track...from fully truggified Revo's to jacked up extended Savages.... Watching the races was very entertaining as it was constant carnage and wreckage... tho being a marshal was a huge PITA....
damn sounds like MT racing was a blast.
This is coming from someone that loved to watch demolition derby's though
Old 01-22-2011, 11:57 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: supertib

Eric

damn sounds like MT racing was a blast.
This is coming from someone that loved to watch demolition derby's though

We used to call them the clown cars ! not to be disrespectful tho...the MT's were always crashing, cartwheeling, flying off the track, hitting marshals, hitting each other etc...it was usually total carnage and very entertaining to watch.... But unfortunately it burnt many people out of the hobby due to the constant breakage... If MT racing were to resurface either trucks would need to be built tougher, or there would have to be a more suitable track for the capabilities of the MT chassis......... The MT's are very tough when out bashing, but on a track they get chewed up really fast.....So for entertainment value to a spectator MT class ruled, but from a owner/driver perspective it was extremely expensive and time consuming