Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Help me with Parkzone Cub

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Help me with Parkzone Cub

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 AM
Jeromeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me with Parkzone Cub

Hello guys, I'm somewhat of a newb. I bought a parkzone RTF cub about 5 years ago and began my RC flying experience. I used to fly it all of the time and had a ton of fun doing it. I stopped flying it about 3-4 years ago and went to try it out just recently. I powered it up, after charging the battery, and threw it into the air. It hung up and crashed (lightly into the ground). It seems unable to produce enough power to maintain flight. I'm guessing it's the battery but I'm not sure. Is it normal for NIMH batteries to just die off after a while of not being used? I believe my helicopter is suffering the same fate. I'd like to get out and fly and want to narrow this down. Thanks for looking.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:51 PM
opjose

Default RE: Help me with Parkzone Cub

Batteries tend to have a finite lifespan.

Consider them to be like a fruit or vegetable which have limited shelf lives.

NiMH batteres will self discharge over time and that can affect the ability to recharge the packs fully.

People who have been in this hobby for a while learn to test their NiMH receiver packs at LEAST yearly to check for decreased capacity or other problems.

So it is likely you are on the right track.

Change out the battery packs with a freshly charged new pack and see what happens.

Then if you know anyone with a good computer controlled charger with capacity and discharge testing capabilities, let them test out your old pack for you.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:59 PM
formula87

Default RE: Help me with Parkzone Cub

+1 for new battery.</p>