Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Ignition location

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Ignition location

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Hothead
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition location

I'm just about finished with my Ultra stick 120 the early one not the lite. I put a a DLE 30 in it. elevator servo in rear of theplane ,using pull-pull for rudder.Ihe batteries,ingition and flight need to be all the way up front for ballance. my question is can the ign.modual be mounted outsise the fuse.or I could mount it under the front hatch cover. (I added the hatch and cover) I have to find a place for all the wire's neat. Is out side ok or in the hatch? I'm thinking most are outside just hidden by the cowl.
Also how big of a fuel tank do I need for a 12-15 min.flight with the DLE30?
Any help would be apprieacated.

Thanks,Ken
Old 02-16-2011, 01:32 PM
raptureboy

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Ignition location

Hothead, you should mount the ignition as far away from the throttle servo and receiver as possible. Most folks mount it right behind the engine strapped to the firewall with zip ties and foam padding to protect from vibration. You can go to a smaller fuel tank also, 10-12 oz should give you an easy 15 min flight. These things sip gas. Good luck Go to this thread for all the info you can use on gas engine install and use http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8673009/tm.htm