Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > CEN Racing
Reload this Page >

Got a truck, need advice and info.

Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Got a truck, need advice and info.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:04 PM
triggerfreak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a truck, need advice and info.

Just picked up this truck in a trade and need some advice.He says all it needs is a connecting rod but i think it needs a piston too and i found this other part that is broke also.This is my first nitro truck and i know very little.Is it worth trying to fix the current motor or should i try to find another.And what else can i put in for a motor.How good is this vehical compared to others out.Hear are some pics.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:15 PM
sixturbosix

Default RE: Got a truck, need advice and info.

Not sure what you are looking to do and I will tell you I am not the guru of rc cars and what motors will fit what but you can buy some chinese motors like what comes on Redcats and such for not much.I think a .21 runs about $60 or $70 dollars and they run good from what I have seen.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:20 PM
sixturbosix

Read the 7th thread on this CEN forum that says .28 on a funfactor.Looks interesting
Old 02-10-2011, 09:08 AM
triggerfreak

Cheapest motor i have found in $100.00.Not looking to spend that much.Also what do you think my luck would be with just putting a piston,sleeve and connecting rod it it.That is around 50 for the parts.And does anyone reconize what the other part is in the pic.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:20 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tough call man. I would probably sell that as a roller with everything but the motor and turn around and use that money WITH the 100 bucks you were going to spend on the motor and just buy yourslef a different truck.

That is unless you can buy a motor for much cheaper, the truck itself looks like it's in good shape though so thats a plus...

Checked on ebay and there are a few for sale with cheap bids so far on ebay....
Old 02-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Scouser

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The CEN NT16 is actually a pretty good motor if it is your first. A new piston, con rod and liner will be cheaper than buying a second hand motor who's history might be worse than the motor it is replacing. CEN don't have the greatest customer service in the world but it might be worth giving them a call and seeing if they have the parts you need in stock. The diff cups are an easily broken part and everyone on this forum did the 'olive mod'. It is basically a 10mm compression fitting that you get from a plumbing shop. You superglue them to the diff cups and never break another one again! Compression fittings are also sometimes called olives, hence the title!. They will cost next to nothing for a pack of 10.
Other than that the car looks to be in great shape and well worth keeping. Have a search through this forum as it is a true goldmine of info about the Fun Factor. Of all the r/c cars and trucks I have had, the FF is one of the very few that I have kept. [8D]