Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

tank parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 03:43 PM
tankbuilder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tank parts

hey guys, im new to rc universe. i was wondering if any of you guys had any 1/16 tank parts that you dont use that you would be willing to part with. i ask because i have recently gotten into tanks and want to do some scratch building. im not too concerned with electronics as i will be buying some high end electronics in the future, but what i am interested in would be gearboxes, motors, tracks, roadwheels, and drive wheels. maybe im asking for too much being my first post but i figured that some of you have possibly upgraded th metal parts and would have the stock ones laying around that arent being used. even if they are damaged i would still be interested. i just want to try my hand and scratch building. let me know what you have, thanks
Old 02-01-2011, 03:54 PM
diabolic-mind

Default RE: tank parts

not sure if your interested in them or not but i got a smoker, and a airsoft unit i dont use. the airsoft unit would need some work to get functioning.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:03 PM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What king of tank do you hope to build and in what scale? Tiger, Sherman, 1/16, 1/6..... What do you have now? Where in NY are you located? The RCU tank forum members are very helpful but we need more information.
Bob

Old 02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
tankbuilder

well i would like to build it in 1/16th scale, as far as a actual model to build it based on im not sure if it will be modeled after a pre-existing tank or a one of a kind custom build. i have alot of concept ideas floating around in my head for tanks. if i were to build any tank based on actual tank then it would be a mark V. but i mainly just want to get some parts gathered up and build something of my own design, and see how well it performs!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Bagheera

Hey Tank

I have a Pzr lV chassie do you need it

John
Old 02-01-2011, 07:33 PM
PanzerAce
My Feedback: (1)

Hey I have a gutted P4, all stock complete, upper and lower hull, turret, turret ring, metal gun barrel, tracks idlers and sprockets also. I also have 3 bopxes full of electronis and gears screws , you name it , its in there. PM me if u need something.

PanzerAce
Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 AM
kclank

the Heng Longs are so cheap that you can get a brand new tank with most of what you need for much less the buying even used components, especially if you factor in shipping charges for bits and pieces. You need to have tracks and sprockets and usually idlers that are designed to work with each other since there are pitch and width differences. for instance king tiger sprockets wouldn't work with panzer IV tracks, etc. Also not all manufacturers work to the same physical standards so a tamiya panzer IV track would not work with a heng long sprocket and then the sprocket would not necessarily work with a WSN motor/transmission unit. Save your self some headaches and buy a whole tank, either used or new then go where you will with your mods.

You mentioned a Mark V, which as far as I know was a WWI tank. Are you trying to do a close model of it or just a stand off scale (looks good from 6 feet away)? None of the tanks that are being sold commercially, to my knowledge, have a similar track or running gear . You might need to look for track used on large scale toy construction equipment.

Your modeling skills and access to tools/equipment are usually the big items. If you are in good stead with these attributes then you are in good shape to build what you want.

Whatever you do I am sure we can be of some help.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:36 AM
tankbuilder

well i am not dead set on making the mark V, i was saying if i were to model a tank after any tank that would be my first choice. but if i were to do the mark V it would be a working model as true to scale as the mark V. more than likely i will end up building one of the custom concepts floating around in my head!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Bagheera

Hey Tank

Hers's some pics of the tank parts. I have some Pzr lll arms, Pzr lV drive and idler. Is this what your looking for.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70825.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1558230   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36245.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1558231  
Old 02-04-2011, 05:50 AM
no12skyline

My suggestion is that you save up for at least one complete off-the-shelf tank before you try scratchbuilding, at least to understand how it all works together. If you're thinking of scratchbuilding with free parts to enter tanking on the cheap, its not going to be worth the time.

If you take a look at the other scratchbuild threads you will see that the process is involving and can take a lot of tries to get right. I've built a few box stock Tamiya tanks in my time and still do not have the guts to get into converting my early Tiger to a mid or late Tiger yet due to the amount of parts replacement, cutting and puttying involved.

For a guy who's recently got into tanks you'd better have some plastic modelling skills and mechanical genius in order to get your tank right the first time. I'm also not sure what you could do with a mixed bag of parts containing some Heng Long Snow Leopard roadwheels, King Tiger sprockets, PZIII hulls, etc.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 AM
PanzerAce
My Feedback: (1)

SOoo where are the KT sprockets?? All I see in that hull are Pnz 4 sprockets and suspension arms. Please elighten me. [>:]
Old 02-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Bagheera

I found some more parts a Pzr ll' hull and a Tiger l turret. If you want it I can sent out in a couple of weeks.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43958.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1558364  
Old 02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
tankbuilder

just wondering if anyone else had some parts? let me know i am looking for all kinds of things!