Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

question: which is better

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 10:59 AM
thunder5005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question: which is better

which monster nitro truck is better the hpi savage x 4.6 or the traxxas t-maxx 3.3? i am just looking for opions.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:12 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: question: which is better

savage 4.6
read alot of bad things about t-maxx bulkheads breaking.
Savage also has a bigger engine
Old 03-12-2011, 01:45 PM
robwiljas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never owned a Savage, but I have owned several T-Maxx's. The T-Maxx is not a very good truck in this day and age, it's a very dated design and not very durable compared to others out there. It's still a fun truck and I'll always like them, but there are much better trucks out there. It's very irritating to take a jump and have a bulkhead break on the T-Maxx basically breaking the truck in half. As I said I've never owned a Savage, but I've seen then run and they are one of the toughest trucks out there.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:54 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: thunder5005

which monster nitro truck is better the hpi savage x 4.6 or the traxxas t-maxx 3.3? i am just looking for opions.
i love my T-maxx, with that being said, off the batt, the savage will be a tougher truck.

i dont have any issues with breaking parts on the T-maxx after all grey plastic conversion, bulkhead braces and RPM plastics, its pretty damn tough.

i would say savage new, and T-maxx used for a good price.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:41 PM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

Savage 4.6. I had a buddy that really put it through it's paces and it held up really good. HPI parts are easy to find if and only if you manage to break something.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:08 PM
saucySavy
My Feedback: (2)

Definatly a savage. They are far better than a T-maxx IMO.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:35 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-kwn3VACgI[/youtube]
Old 03-12-2011, 04:47 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Savages excel at stuff like this (not my vid but I did similar jumps, just I got no camera man)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMa6NFHg0wM&feature=related[/youtube]
Old 03-12-2011, 05:30 PM
saucySavy
My Feedback: (2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHU2i...eature=related

This also isnt my vid either... just something that also shows what kind of tumbles the savage can take</p>
Old 03-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

a picture can speak 1000 words...

Old 03-13-2011, 05:58 AM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

I used to have an E-Maxx. I don't know the similarities between the T-Maxx and E-Maxx (other than the obvious) but I'd imagine the driveshafts, suspensions and stuffare similar. My E-Maxx would literally break something EVERY TIME I used it. It was never a simple fix either. It was always Differential gears, bulkheads, stuff that you had to take the entire truck apart to fix. I enjoy fixing my RCs when needed but that got ridiculous. I was very happy to sell it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70101.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1577908  
Old 03-13-2011, 08:12 AM
djyjrlz

if you buy the new updated savage x you cannot go wrong really. there was a guy racing a t-maxx at the track when I was there with my savage and he had a world of problems. he had upgraded some things like RPM arms and different bulkheads but it still broke after every ten or so laps
Old 03-13-2011, 08:25 AM
TIGER76

Get the savage m8 sometimes i look at my maxx wrong and something falls off lol and dont get me started on traxxas 3.3 [:@]
Old 03-13-2011, 05:40 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Savage by far. Better engine, better chassis, better driveline, better design, better materials, better starters...
Old 03-13-2011, 05:40 PM
ejc34710

I can't beleive so many have had so many problems with the maxx. I like my maxx better than the Savages. Yeah, the Savage is tougher, but my maxx is still tough as nails. I just jumped it into a log yesterday (accident) at about 25 mph and it only stripped the splines on the servo saver. Its basically all stock except for servos and fuel tank. Im gonna say if you want to jump and tear the crap outta it, Savage. If your lookin more for running on the road or dirt/not jumping over cars or anything, tmaxx. I beleive the maxx excels around a race track. I think the tmaxx is overpriced new though. Savage is just what it claims to be, a monster truck. The maxx, to me, just seems like a stadium truck with big tires. I will say my stock maxx will outrun my bros savage. They both have the stock engine, although his has a 3 speed. I feel like a loner in here, better get outta here before someone drives their savage into my ankle.....
Old 03-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

I can't beleive so many have had so many problems with the maxx. I like my maxx better than the Savages. Yeah, the Savage is tougher, but my maxx is still tough as nails. I just jumped it into a log yesterday (accident) at about 25 mph and it only stripped the splines on the servo saver. Its basically all stock except for servos and fuel tank. Im gonna say if you want to jump and tear the crap outta it, Savage. If your lookin more for running on the road or dirt/not jumping over cars or anything, tmaxx. I beleive the maxx excels around a race track. I think the tmaxx is overpriced new though. Savage is just what it claims to be, a monster truck. The maxx, to me, just seems like a stadium truck with big tires. I will say my stock maxx will outrun my bros savage. They both have the stock engine, although his has a 3 speed. I feel like a loner in here, better get outta here before someone drives their savage into my ankle.....
To be fair, one must consider at least these three things:

1/ How hard a person bashes, and

2/ When a person sees one thing better than another, then tend to catergorize the two things....one as junk, and the other the best thing since sliced bread....even though the two things might not be drastically different.

3/ People tend to repeat things they read on the net. For example, I posted a disparaging picture of a Savage towing a broken down T-Max, but the truth is, I've never owned a Traxxas product.

Talking down another major brand RC, is sort of like teasing your neighbour about his Chev if you own a Ford. And, from "what I've read", most major brand RCs are decent enough. But there's undoubtedly a "best" out there. How much "better" makes it "best" is hard to quantify.

I'm a Savage fan, but wouldn't it be boring if that was the only RC MT available? People like different things. Buy what you like the most and if failures arise too often for your liking, modify the vehicle, change your driving habits, or worst case, simply sell it and buy something different.

Now I've watched enough YouTube videos to see how crazy people are when it comes to bashing their MT. I am more careful with my RCs, and except for my bad driving causing the odd head on collision with a tree, the reality of it is that any of the major brand RCs would probably suit me fine.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:49 AM
ejc34710

ORIGINAL: Argess

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

To be fair, one must consider at least these three things:

1/ How hard a person bashes, and

2/ When a person sees one thing better than another, then tend to catergorize the two things....one as junk, and the other the best thing since sliced bread....even though the two things might not be drastically different.

3/ People tend to repeat things they read on the net. For example, I posted a disparaging picture of a Savage towing a broken down T-Max, but the truth is, I've never owned a Traxxas product.

Talking down another major brand RC, is sort of like teasing your neighbour about his Chev if you own a Ford. And, from ''what I've read'', most major brand RCs are decent enough. But there's undoubtedly a ''best'' out there. How much ''better'' makes it ''best'' is hard to quantify.

I'm a Savage fan, but wouldn't it be boring if that was the only RC MT available? People like different things. Buy what you like the most and if failures arise too often for your liking, modify the vehicle, change your driving habits, or worst case, simply sell it and buy something different.

Now I've watched enough YouTube videos to see how crazy people are when it comes to bashing their MT. I am more careful with my RCs, and except for my bad driving causing the odd head on collision with a tree, the reality of it is that any of the major brand RCs would probably suit me fine.

Very well said. Having driven and worked on both quite extensively, i would say most would prefer the Savage, and for good reasons. I was just surprised to see so many bad responses about the maxx. I had to make sure i wasn't in the HPI MT forum at first.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:12 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

dunno I don't see any real traxxas hate yet.
Few posts knocking the T-maxx the posters said they owned em (or the E-maxx)
One posts says you basically need RPM everything on the t-maxx to make it durable

Savage don't need any of that from the get go

Don't own a T-maxx but from the 2 Traxxas RC's I do own I will say RPM was almost mandatory seeing traxxas stock parts were bleh.