Community
Search
Notices
CEN Racing This forum is to discuss all CEN Racing products.

Nemesis 7.7 hard to tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:30 PM
sixturbosix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nemesis 7.7 hard to tune

My new Nemesis 7.7 is unlike any nitro I have ever owned when it comes to tuning.This thing was a ***** to tune and get the results I anticipated.Anyone else have trouble tuning one of these engines.It took me 2 weeks to figure out what it wanted.All seems to be good now though.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 PM
la.rc.doc
My Feedback: (197)

Default RE: Nemesis 7.7 hard to tune

Hey Six,
Make sure your carb is tight and can't be moved, check the back plate and see if its loose, chech your head screws and make sure there tight, check all those just to make sure you have no air leakage, if its all tight good, on your lowend carb adjustment is one full turn out, from close and the Highend is 4 to 41/2 turns out from close depending on your area & altitude, if that doesn't work for ya then check with me at angryrecords.com and when you get to the fourms look for LA-R/CRepair, Later......
Old 02-18-2011, 04:57 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine was pretty easy to tune. Are you starting with tuning the HSN first and then the LSN? The initial start up and break in was a bit of a pain since the motor has so much compression. I tore my hands up quite a bit and had some nice blisters from pulling the pull start so many times. Once it was tuned it ran great, the truck is a beast.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:45 PM
la.rc.doc
My Feedback: (197)

Yeah the best thing to invest into is a pair of upper fingerless gloves!!lol, I no longer have blisters there calises!! lol!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 PM
sixturbosix

I didn't mention but I did seal the engine as suggested and that helped alot.I invested in a Tigerdrive and start it with a 18v dewalt drill.Tigerdrive is well worth the $17.00 I paid for it on ebay.I used the s680 and it worked great.It required a small modification by trimming the top and bottom edge which was very easy.I have had it installed scince break in with no problems and have used it alot.No sore fingers ever.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:27 AM
mmsydney

Just both CEN GENESIS in January 2011, did not have problem running it inuntil I started tuning it. Up to now, I can get a good run coz it's stall after few minutes of driving. I have checked the carb, cooling head and back plate for leak as you said but still stalling. I will try this weekend one turn out of LOWEREND and 4 1/2 on High end to see if that behave properly.I am just getting frustrated coz my LOSI Monster was good thatI barely touch it. Can someone please tell me increasing the length of fuel line will help! I really want to just enjoy driving until tank is empty. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:38 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Search down thru this forum for the one way valve mod. It works well.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Terra Nova R/C

Sorry to disappoint everyone, but there is no way to get a 7.7 properly tuned. If you have an easy to tune 7.7, go buy a lottery ticket, you are one in a million. I have had quite a few of them and worked on many owned by other people. The workmanship in a 7.7 is terrible. If you look closely, you will find many imperfections in the casting. I even had 1 with a hole right through the block which caused an air leak and fuel would leak out. As for the Trucks, they are the best Monster Trucks I ever had and have worked on. I converted mine to a SH Engine (.28 8-Port). It had way more power than the 7.7 and was very easy to tune. Check out the 2nd video on this page to see how it runs. [link]http://www.terranovahobby.ca/medias/videos[/link]