Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Anyone use REDCAT lighting epx?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:35 AM
islandturbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use REDCAT lighting epx?

Hello,

does anyone here use the redcat lighting epx?

I use this car and been having issues since day one, anyone have any reviews our feedback on this car?
Old 08-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Aplekan

Default RE: Anyone use REDCAT lighting epx?

I have been useing it for a lil while now.. got it used and fixed a few bugs in it.. whats yours doing?
Old 08-10-2011, 11:06 PM
Haddi Taha

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a cheap oem car thats made in china. I recommend you get:<div>Tamiya TT01E</div><div>Tamiya TA05V.2</div><div>Tamiya TB03</div><div>Tamiya TRF417</div><div>Team Associated TC3, TC4, TC5 or TC6</div>
Old 08-10-2011, 11:14 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

Its a cheap oem car thats made in china. I recommend you get:<div>Tamiya TT01E</div><div>Tamiya TA05V.2</div><div>Tamiya TB03</div><div>Tamiya TRF417</div><div>Team Associated TC3, TC4, TC5 or TC6</div>
I am pretty sure he posted get help and not to be insulted because he bought an rc that you think is cheap.
You should offer help instead of degrading his purchase; HOW RUDE !!!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:43 AM
dragnse7en
Banned

No offense -

I have heard that Redcat is a knockoff piece of junk company based inside China that steals other company's kits, just to reproduce them as a lower quality piece of crap. I'd rather buy a toy car from Wal-Mart or Radio Shack, and I bet it would last a lot longer than what Redcat produces.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:14 AM
basketballfan60123

ORIGINAL: dragnse7en

No offense -

I have heard that Redcat is a knockoff piece of junk company based inside China that steals other company's kits, just to reproduce them as a lower quality piece of crap. I'd rather buy a toy car from Wal-Mart or Radio Shack, and I bet it would last a lot longer than what Redcat produces.
How would you know since you never actually owned one; a perfect example of someone who makes a big deal about which toy is better then the other because when it all comes to it you are arguing about a toy car and very expensive ones at that.
This hobby and this forum is about helping people and not about degrading someone who is new to the hobby and would rather go the the less expensive entry level route.
The person who started the thread didn't ask if his rc was any good or not so why make him feel bad about what he purchased?
Not everyone can afford expensive rc kits just so they can make a fashion statement to let everyone that they only buy the best TOYS.
I have owned a couple redcats (currently own one) and I actually had pretty good luck with them or at least the same amount of that I have had with my popular rc's.
A more expensive price tag does not stop an rc from having issues or breakage .
Old 08-11-2011, 01:38 AM
basketballfan60123

ORIGINAL: islandturbos

Hello,

I use this car and been having issues since day one, anyone have any reviews our feedback on this car?
Try this section because they will be a lot more helpful.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_427/tt.htm
This post is 3 months old; all that ranting for nothing.

PEACE EVERYONE
Old 08-11-2011, 04:31 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

ORIGINAL: basketballfan60123

I am pretty sure he posted get help and not to be insulted because he bought an rc that you think is cheap.
and I quote you @ me -

How would you know since you never actually owned one; a perfect example of someone who makes a big deal about which toy is better then the other because when it all comes to it you are arguing about a toy car and very expensive ones at that.
This hobby and this forum is about helping people and not about degrading someone who is new to the hobby and would rather go the the less expensive entry level route.
The person who started the thread didn't ask if his rc was any good or not so why make him feel bad about what he purchased?
Not everyone can afford expensive rc kits just so they can make a fashion statement to let everyone that they only buy the best TOYS.
I have owned a couple redcats (currently own one) and I actually had pretty good luck with them or at least the same amount of that I have had with my popular rc's.

Have a nice day troll

Old 08-11-2011, 04:32 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Have a nice day troll

[/quote]
Old 08-11-2011, 06:07 PM
basketballfan60123

Have a nice day troll

[/quote]
Speaking of which the term "troll" is exactly what YOU are doing.[sm=lol.gif]
[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Troll

1a. Noun
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

1b. Noun
A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.
A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

p.s. You need a serious overhaul on your comeback lines.
I prefer the term "flamer".
Old 08-11-2011, 06:14 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: islandturbos

Hello,

Try this section because they will be a lot more helpful.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_427/tt.htm
This post is 3 months old; all that ranting for nothing.

PEACE EVERYONE
correction 3 years, and 3 months old [sm=wink_smile.gif]

Other note Redcats are made by HSP. Redcat is just a distributor(along with himoto, Exceed, Acme, and a few others) that have a few tweaks done to my understanding(like sometimes a diff radio, or some of the upgrades already on certain models). As for stolen designs I'll be honest I've not seen one redcat out of the ones I seen that was a copy of anything. Some have similar layouts as others, but that is just natural progress when you have to fit in certain dimensions, hell look at 1/8th buggies those all look identical. The reason some people tend to thing they sell copies is cause they see acme's, and himotos that look almost exactly the same except the chassis is a diff color. Their quality is so so for what they charge you could get way better in most cases for a few bucks more. I own one of their 1/24th scale RC's (hell it was $50, not like there are a ton of 1/24th scale coices ), and bought one for my nephew.

Now there is another company Extreme Machines that sells(or sold seems they now sell wanna be newbrights) almost perfect tamiya knockoffs. I forgot who they were a distributor for from china. But the one 1/10th scale Monster truck they sold the chassis was a perfect DF-02 replica, body was a bootleg of a HPI savage body, and the tires were bootlegs of HPI geolanders (yup they did A LOT of bootlegging)
Old 08-11-2011, 06:19 PM
xerxes

stock elects r bad across da bord. frum traxxas servos 2 losi tx/rx systems.

my lightning epx is fenominal & i woodnt trade it 4 any othr onrode car out ther.

i ditchd stock rx/tx, servo & motor systm. in favor of tactic 2.4, castle creatns sidwwindr 5700, lipo &
hpi supr radials
Old 08-11-2011, 10:06 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

Have a nice day troll

Speaking of which the term "troll" is exactly what YOU are doing.[sm=lol.gif]
[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Troll

1a. Noun
One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

1b. Noun
A person who, on a message forum of some type, attacks and flames other members of the forum for any of a number of reasons such as rank, previous disagreements, sex, status, ect.
A troll usually flames threads without staying on topic, unlike a "Flamer" who flames a thread because he/she disagrees with the content of the thread.

p.s. You need a serious overhaul on your comeback lines.
I prefer the term "flamer".
[/quote]

REPORTED - TROLL

Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

ORIGINAL: xerxes

stock elects r bad across da bord. frum traxxas servos 2 losi tx/rx systems.

my lightning epx is fenominal &amp; i woodnt trade it 4 any othr onrode car out ther.

i ditchd stock rx/tx, servo &amp; motor systm. in favor of tactic 2.4, castle creatns sidwwindr 5700, lipo &amp;
hpi supr radials
Please speak english - if you even can.

Your post sounds as if you never completed grammar! Get real - are you four years old?

Old 08-11-2011, 10:30 PM
xerxes

^reportd - troll
Old 08-11-2011, 10:40 PM
dragnse7en
Banned

You go ahead and have yourself a nice day, now - ya hear? Yikk Yikk Yikk
Old 08-12-2011, 12:30 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This has degenerated into insanity.