Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

Torsion help

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 07:02 AM
craigrobbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torsion help

lright guys.

I want to do a torsion chassis - HOWEVER the catch is i'm making a totally non comp car.

The car i have designed has the ability to drive upside down at the right way up (just for fun & bashing)

Not i am using Piano wire chassis and mounting the gear box totally centeral.

Now the problem is i want to put some shock absorbers on to take up the spring.

The torsion chassis on their own are too springy and bouncey so i want some dampening.

This will be a hybrid crawler & racer so when goign over the rough stuff at speed itll just bounce all over with no shocks.

Any one got any ideas on how i could put absorbers on (proberbly without springs) but SUPER low profile & will work both directions (likley to be half compressed shocks to allow 50/50 travel)

Thanks

Craig
Old 10-18-2011, 04:05 PM
zman5000

Default RE: Torsion help

you would probably want to post a pic so others can see the chassis axle configuration. butfrom what i've seen mosttorsion rigs don't use shocks.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:06 AM
craigrobbo

ORIGINAL: zman5000

you would probably want to post a pic so others can see the chassis axle configuration. but from what i've seen most torsion rigs don't use shocks.
Hi,

I cannot post a picture as the parts are still en route to me, Its just a box standard Wheely king right now.

I understand torsion rigs normally do not have absorbers, thats why i am calling for some help on a setup to use some for the rough stuff.

Thanks

Craig
Old 10-19-2011, 04:22 AM
The Mad Modder

Maybe you could use cantilevers so you could mount the shocks parallel to the chassis and save space.