Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Glue

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Hornet1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glue

Just curious as to what kind of glue people use to build there giant projects. I will be building my first giant aicraft and want to make sure I use the right stuff. (please be specific)

Thank you.

Hornet1
Old 08-21-2003, 11:30 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glue

Is there any foam that has to be sheeted?

You can use many different types of wood glues and or CA glue for basic construction. I use 30 min epoxy for all CRITICAL JOINTS (firewall, landing gear blocks etc.)

If you are sheeting foam, I wouldn't use anything but PRO BOND or GORILLA POLYURETHANE.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:32 AM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Glue

I have an entire arsenal of glue. It depends on the application. Here are some examples.

Zap
Plastic Zap
RC 56
24 H (yes Hour) epoxy
30 Min epoxy
5 min epoxy
Rubber cement
Wood glue (alphetic Resin - yellow and white)

I'm sure there's more. But my favorite is the 24 Hour stuff. It gets hard like no one's business and strong like heck. Originally I started using it for sheeting wings, but there are tons of good applications on the airframe. Downfalls are it's thin and not as light as Zap.
Good luck
RickP