Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

AX10 RTC

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 08:39 PM
supersoaker548
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AX10 RTC

Im looking to pic up a crawler for the wife to play with. I know nothing about crawlers other then the Axial makes a nice one so im told.

I just found an Axial RTC Scorpion.

Long story short. He got it about 2 months ago and now must sell (speeding ticket)
Said it runs and looks new but he broke an axle so he put Integy axles back in it ( not shur if this is good or not)

What is a good price for this if it runs and looks good?????
What should i be looking four when i checking it out ????
Old 10-25-2011, 04:35 AM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: AX10 RTC

ORIGINAL: supersoaker548

Im looking to pic up a crawler for the wife to play with. I know nothing about crawlers other then the Axial makes a nice one so im told.

I just found an Axial RTC Scorpion.

Long story short. He got it about 2 months ago and now must sell (speeding ticket)
Said it runs and looks new but he broke an axle so he put Integy axles back in it ( not shur if this is good or not)

What is a good price for this if it runs and looks good?????
What should i be looking four when i checking it out ????
Depends how new it looks. Personally, I'd be wondering how hard he drove the thing if he managed to snap an axle. Integy is known for their poor quality aluminum. I'm not sure about their steel products, but I'd be willing to bet that they aren't as strong as the stock axial parts.

If I was interested, I probably wouldn't pay much more than $150 on account of not knowing the condition of the drivetrain.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:34 AM
supersoaker548

Thanks.... Im going to look at a 1pm. I got him down to 150 on the phone so im thinking he will go lower.

he sayed the replacement was cnc alum..

Im thinking if it looks as good as he says(prob. not) and runs as good as he says AndI talk him down a little more andi will get it.

alsoask him how he broke the axle. Im shur he will lie and say it just broke it was just plastic

If i get it i will post a pic
Old 10-25-2011, 01:42 PM
The Mad Modder

Thanks.... Im going to look at a 1pm. I got him down to 150 on the phone so im thinking he will go lower.

he sayed the replacement was cnc alum..

Im thinking if it looks as good as he says (prob. not) and runs as good as he says And I talk him down a little more and i will get it.

also ask him how he broke the axle. Im shur he will lie and say it just broke it was just plastic

If i get it i will post a pic
Oh, ok. I thought you meant he snapped the drive shaft inside the axle. Do you mean the main axle housing or one of the ends(steering "C" or straight axle adaptor)?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:20 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He probably broke the front or rear center driveshaft. I have never heard of an AX10 breaking and axle.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:01 PM
The Mad Modder

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

He probably broke the front or rear center driveshaft. I have never heard of an AX10 breaking and axle.
IDK, it's not very clear what the situation is.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:50 PM
supersoaker548

I got the truck today for a good price i think at least im happy with the price lets just say well under the 150.

he broke the center drive shaft and he was calling it an axle

i did run it for about 15/20 mins befor i made him the offer

I thought it ran fine came home charged the battery and did some more runnig all seams good

I dont care for the plastic links

what brand of alum link rods would you put on this????????? the 3link and streering and im thinking of putting a better servo on it as well

now im looking for another battery and better charger ( i like the 2/3paxs that i can mount on the front diff)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89032.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	1678861  
Old 10-26-2011, 05:28 AM
The Mad Modder

I got the truck today for a good price i think at least im happy with the price lets just say well under the 150.

he broke the center drive shaft and he was calling it an axle

i did run it for about 15/20 mins befor i made him the offer

I dont care for the plastic links

what brand of alum link rods would you put on this????????? the 3link and streering and im thinking of putting a better servo on it as well
Good deal.

I usually make my own links to save money and be able to make them the way I want. Myself, I use 1/4" solid rod that I drill and tap the ends on. I then use short pieces of 3mm threaded rod to attach the aluminum rod to the rod ends. The easier way(shown in the video below) is to use one long piece of threaded rod with 1/4" alum tubing to cover the exposed threads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVV8DgZmQz8