Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Control Lines
Reload this Page >

Control Line Plane Donation

Community
Search
Notices
Control Lines For all you fly-by-wire fanatics!

Control Line Plane Donation

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 01:27 PM
DRonland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control Line Plane Donation

Hello,

My name is David, and I am a Chief Boatsmate, active duty. We ( over a dozen of us) onboard our Coast Guard Cutter are in search of a plane to train on for our Moral. Due to our schedule, operations, and current logistics we cannot feasibly find the time to build a plane for ourselves. Many of us are interested. I myself with the schedule have not been able to build for a while. We pull into ports that we would be able to fly at the military ball field near the cutter. We are looking for a trainer, possibly a Flite Streak or Ringmaster. If anyone would be willing to donate us one or two that would be great. In turn, we will provide pictures of us enjoying the plane. I have a few engines, so we would not need the engine if you decided you wanted to keep the one it had.

Thank You for your consideration.
DRonland
Old 12-13-2011, 03:08 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Control Line Plane Donation

Dave, before anything else I want to thank you and your crew for all that you guys/gals do.

If you're interested, I've got a pair of baby Ringmasters, one flat-wing trainer and one built-up that you could have. Only have one TD-.049 for them though but it's a good one. Also have a SIGAkromaster available with an old but good running Fox .15 on-board.

Might be able to supply y'all with some of the field equipment too.

You guys ever down in the Norfolk area? I could have my son bring them down there with him when he comes up here around Christmas - I'm in Luray, about 200 miles inland from there and a bit north. If that's not an option, there's always snail-mail after Christmas.

Dave Wittich, TSgt, USAF(Retired)

ORIGINAL: DRonland

Hello,

My name is David, and I am a Chief Boatsmate, active duty. We ( over a dozen of us) onboard our Coast Guard Cutter are in search of a plane to train on for our Moral. Due to our schedule, operations, and current logistics we cannot feasibly find the time to build a plane for ourselves. Many of us are interested. I myself with the schedule have not been able to build for a while. We pull into ports that we would be able to fly at the military ball field near the cutter. We are looking for a trainer, possibly a Flite Streak or Ringmaster. If anyone would be willing to donate us one or two that would be great. In turn, we will provide pictures of us enjoying the plane. I have a few engines, so we would not need the engine if you decided you wanted to keep the one it had.

Thank You for your consideration.
DRonland
Old 12-13-2011, 07:10 AM
jcralley

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

David,

I see that you have at least one offer but let me put in my 2 cents. It would be nice to know what Cutter you serve on and where it is operating. Is it the Great Lakes, the Atlantic coast, the Gulf or the Pacific area?? Shipping an assembled Ringmaster or Flite Streak is going to be tough but if we knew the various ports of call that your ship makes we could maybe get someone from the area to meet you and donate a model or two. I'm not a fan of 1/2 As as trainers but I suppose that would be better than nothing and they might be a size that could be shipped. There is a whole forum dedicated to the Ringmaster (Brotherhood of the Ring) and it has members scattered all over the country. I believe some of those members would donate a model if it were somewhere reasonably nearby. Join the forum and interact with the members therewww.brotherhoodofthering.info.

Also I too would like to thank you for serving your country!

John<br type="_moz" />
Old 12-13-2011, 12:57 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If there is any spare time at all, you could make a coroplast one. I have a couple of pics of an .049 and a .15 one that isn't done. They go together pretty quick. The .049 one would benefit from a shorter nose for tighter loops, and slot the bottom of the hinge instead of the top. They need a spar maybe 5/32" music wire, or a wood one like the .15 sized one, used with concrete expansion joint foam to fair in the front or whatever. Couple of nails for tip weight, and make the inboard wing an inch longer. The .049 one is pretty fast and bulletproof. (well maybe pellet gun proof)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83620.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	1699528   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99567.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1699529   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61223.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1699530  
Old 12-13-2011, 01:59 PM
DRonland

Hello all,
Thank you so much for replying. Yes, should have gave more information. We are stationed on the Coast Guard Cutter Reliance, which is homeported in Portsmouth, NH. We cover the entire East Coast all the way down to Central America. Our most often visted ports are Boston, Chesapeake VA, Little Creek - Norfolk VA, Key West FL, and New York City. The soonest we could receive a plane would be February at our homeport. We will be in the Norfolk area in March which would be a perfect time to start.

Appreciate everything. Will check back soon.
David
Old 12-27-2011, 11:10 PM
DRonland

Thanks Dave (Skylark-flier),
Well it would be up to you on bolh the planes and equipment.

I do have 049, both T-Dee's and Baby Bee's. The smallest .19 engine I have is a fox, included with that I have .19-.60 control line both foxes and G-21 ST's. Currently we ar collecting money to get probably a flight streak or shark from Brodak, but I may not get to it until the week in March when we are at the base near Norfolk. Currently, we have a president, VP, and a Safety Officer, so I may file this as a regular, control line club with the AMA...still working on a treasure. These are all guys who will be around at least until 2013.

Thanks for the Thanks, and really appreciate the reply and offer..will be waiting for response. I apologize for the delay, our connectivity is so very limited at sea. Sometimes I am not even able to get on the site.

Once able I will reply with my email via a PM.

Thank you,
David

Old 01-07-2012, 09:16 PM
retnavycdr
My Feedback: (190)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be my pleasure to donate a Control Line FLitestreak to you sailors, but I don't know the logistics of how to get it shipped out to your ship!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21376.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	1711165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11162.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1711166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb74827.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	77.9 KB