Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

smartech

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 08:26 AM
rclooney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smartech

what is wrong with them. ive seen so many threads slagging them off, i want to know what is wrong.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

Default smartech

Quality of parts...poor. Quality of service and sales...poor. Parts "compatability" of their clones they manufacture to other real models...poor. You get the idea, buy the real thing and you'll be better off in the long run.
Old 08-26-2003, 06:50 PM
lumburg54

Default smartech

They are basically a beginner car...my brother has one and he really enjoys it...but you can tell it just wouldn't hold up to the abuse of the more expensive models. I was however impressed to see it run. I figured it would fall apart emediately. It didn't and holds a great tune and idle. I would say if that is all you can afford - go for it...otherwise get something a bit easier to buy parts for.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:08 PM
rclooney

Default smartech

I allready have a gas car. Well 2, but I just wanted to know why they were being slagged off so much. I figure because it is an un common make, people slag them off. My car is like that. I only know of 1 supplier that sells them.
Old 08-26-2003, 08:16 PM
Aterlatus

Default smartech

I don't think the problem is necessarily finding someone who supplies the cars, rather finding someone who supplies the parts!

Who cares if Joe Bloggs from around the corner and down the road made your car, or some weird dude from a Korean prison - if he made it so the parts are compatible with a leading brand if things go wrong we're all happy
Old 08-27-2003, 04:45 AM
Kuma
My Feedback: (1)

Default smartech

I've had a real problem with the salesman at Excelhobby when ordering parts, and won't do business with him again...ever. As for quality in parts, I should tell you the plastic radio and battery boxes are flimsy and I had two battery boxes crack on me and one radio box crack, and this was from typical terrain driving of the Magic Wheel monster truck, it doesn't end there, Traxxas sells a battery box and radio box for $7 Canadian each, the jerkoff at Excelhobby charges $14 US dollars each and wanted another $4.50 shipping. I converted the Magic Wheel to a T-Maxx so I can get parts locally and cheaper. I thought I was getting an orignal T-Maxx in the beginning when I first purchased it.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:59 AM
Easy rider

Default smartech

My LHS had the smartech, but smacked them true the window. Bad parts breaking all the time, the worst engine in R/C ever I mean cheap, bad con. rod, bad piston,...

Don't buy one !!!! I've seen several totally distroyed in mather of minutes.

David.