Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

New and looking for affordable Nitro RC

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New and looking for affordable Nitro RC

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 10:08 AM
GasRCcars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and looking for affordable Nitro RC

I'm wondering what will be a fast and fun Nitro RC but yet still affordable to maintain and repair?
Old 03-15-2012, 10:34 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: New and looking for affordable Nitro RC

Ofna Jammin X1x http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-4WD-RTR-Buggy (unfortunately on back order again at amainhobbies which is the cheapest place to get it. It was in stock last week cause someone asked and I looked )
Ofna Hyper 7 (again on back order) http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRUS1&P=ML

Big pro is the hyper 7 comes with a 2.4ghz radio, either will need a stronger steering servo (almost all RC's do) which will cost $30 (hitech 645mg is a decent one look on ebay usually can find em new for under $30 shipped)

Those both have decent engines (like the one in the jammin more though but that is just me) that should be easy to tune. Also those 2 buggies break very FEW parts. My jammin is still pretty much stock outside the servo, and radio after 2 years.

Below that is redcats, which IMO are not good for someone just entering the hobby as their 1st nitro, or only RC. One the engines are questionable some people get a great one, some get a lemon, and parts support is no where near as high. Also parts are not as durable from what I seen. In the end for a comparable RC to the ones I linked from redcat you will be paying about $30 under them. There is also exceed but their customer service department is like that capital one commercial with "Peggy"
Old 03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
BZN4LC4PON3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that was me wanting a buggy but right before i went to order bam out of stock. Now I am playing the waiting game on the Jamming & the Hyper 7. Tower has a $50.00 off code so the Hyper comes to $259.99 & the Jamming at amain comes to 275 with $25.00 off.

I wanted to get myself a buggy this week for around 280 or less but now that might not happen lol
Old 03-15-2012, 12:12 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't rush into something cheaper just so you can get it now. Either of these 2 buggies mentioned are well worth the wait!
Old 03-15-2012, 02:30 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: yakfish

Don't rush into something cheaper just so you can get it now. Either of these 2 buggies mentioned are well worth the wait!
yea seen a few people rush into the redcat backdraft and say how much they love it than 4 months later post they wish they waited, and spent the $25 more
When I ordered my Jammin I waited over a month for them to get in stock (it was a really of time)