Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

My first paint job!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 09:59 PM
1ne8ighty2wo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first paint job!

My first paint job is complete!... basically. I just need to cut holes for air flow. It's a Proline Baja Bug body on a Savage with candy red paint backed with silver. There are some spots where the painted leaked through the masking tape a little, but all-in-all I'm very happy with it. What do you folks think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97550.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1739991  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Default RE: My first paint job!

Better than my first paint job!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:54 AM
tommygun32

very nice indeed.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:52 AM
Phoenix XB Racer

This is much better than my first paintjob. My first paintjob was a single color, and I somehow managed to ruin that body.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:55 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dammmm thats heaps good... dont know what to think of the off centre lines tho.... cant wait to see whats next
Old 03-18-2012, 06:23 AM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good indeed. The of center lines was messing with my eyes a bit but all in all good job.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:41 AM
JohnP2

That looks awesome! I just bought a new shell and will attempt my first paint job in the next few weeks, and you've certainly provided me with some confidence. ;-)
Old 03-18-2012, 08:32 AM
thehuntingterminator

that looks sick on your Savage!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:20 PM
Lars from Norway

Looks very nice, i love these bodies and have one myself on my stretched Rustler. But i don't see the point of messing it up with air flow-holes when there is so much space under and around the body for the air to flow
Old 03-18-2012, 02:52 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

Looks very nice, i love these bodies and have one myself on my stretched Rustler. But i don't see the point of messing it up with air flow-holes when there is so much space under and around the body for the air to flow
well for nitro you kinda need to force the air to flow over the cooling fins or the engine overheats. If you don't the air generally won't flow fast enough into the body to clear out the hot air. Think of it like how the radiator of a car is in the front with a grill of some sort covering it so the air hits it to cool it off.
It also helps to cut out the rear window completely on most bodies so you can also start it with the body on
Old 03-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

well for nitro you kinda need to force the air to flow over the cooling fins or the engine overheats. If you don't the air generally won't flow fast enough into the body to clear out the hot air. Think of it like how the radiator of a car is in the front with a grill of some sort covering it so the air hits it to cool it off.
It also helps to cut out the rear window completely on most bodies so you can also start it with the body on
I removed the windshield on my Savage and the temps instantly dropped 15-20 degrees.Things get a little dusty but its better than overheating the engine.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:11 PM
Jocelyn

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: medium">hello,i think it is very nice!!hehehe&middot;&middot;&middot;&middot;&middo t;&middot;</span></span>
Old 03-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Sigma.40
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Jocelyn

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman"><span style="font-size: medium">hello,i think it is very nice!!hehehe&middot;&middot;&middot;&middot;&middo t;&middot;</span></span>
weird, they must REALLYlike your paint job. They made an account just to comment on it.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:21 PM
The_Shark

i loved off-centered racing stripes, Viper ACR style

very good, my last paint job was botched with bad paint that ate the body and shrunk- UGLY, best part the body is discontinued
Old 03-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Phoenix XB Racer

ORIGINAL: Sigma.40

ORIGINAL: Jocelyn

weird, they must REALLYlike your paint job. They made an account just to comment on it.
Lol, I just noticed that.