Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What did you expect!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 11:19 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did you expect!?

Just somthing that gets to me and probably some other fellow rc enthusiasts. Don't you hate it when someone puts up a post complaining of hot temps/fried esc/fried motor or broken rear parts? When you are running a setup that can handle MAX 3s lipo, and you throw a 3s lipo in it and drive till the battery dies, what did you think was going to happen? Someone in the 1/10 scale electric was wondering if his temps were high on his rustler vxl motor and esc. if you dont know the right temps, i dont feel you should be dropping a 3s lipo in and just running. Just my $0.02. i mean almost 12 volts is a lot of power going to the high rpm motors and current going through everything. prob mostly noobs.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:00 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: What did you expect!?

I hate when people complain about a product saying it was crap. Like say a heavier offroad RC that they ran a 35A ESC, and 6000kv motor geared to high hell on with 3S and complained it fried in under 2 mins.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:16 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

" en dayn it stoppped cuz dis smok kame out of dur en et mayed preedy lights frum the the thang that cunnected to de battery and den i starrrted hissin like what mah kitty does wen i step on is tail, i tolded mama and she say ;bad billy now yah got da git anuder oun on you own.

wa happin to it?????"
Old 03-12-2012, 05:07 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 68 Likes on 63 Posts

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

" en dayn it stoppped cuz dis smok kame out of dur en et mayed preedy lights frum the the thang that cunnected to de battery and den i starrrted hissin like what mah kitty does wen i step on is tail, i tolded mama and she say ;bad billy now yah got da git anuder oun on you own.

wa happin to it?????"
<span style="font-family: Arial; ">in cases where the user posts like that it's usually the fail safe. it senses that the user is a dumbass and shuts itself down to avoid damage</span>
Old 03-12-2012, 05:50 PM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

Ouch, such harsh language even though its true. Someone must have got under your skin........
Old 03-12-2012, 06:25 PM
ImANoob

Ive screwed up 2 Lipo Batteries when i first came into RC, but hey, look at my name!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:06 AM
cumminspower5.9

I've always thought there was no such thing as a "stupid question". but some people ask questions where they can answer it themselves by having some simple common sense. Im not hating on anyone that is new and wants to get into rc. i love to help people out. but before you come on here ranting about how your castle system fried cause you threw a giant pinion on and did speed runs for 4 hours and burnt up the motor, do a little more research. it will save you time, frustration and money in the long run. im not trying to be a jerk, but its like being around a baby thats in their "why?" phase.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Scottgir

It's amazing to me that people look at the LIMITS listed on items (such as speed controls) and figure, that's where I should be running my machine all the time.

PS for the "there are no stupid questions". That saying is correct, but you're missing the second half.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots".
Old 03-13-2012, 07:58 AM
cumminspower5.9

LOL very true. *****g out an esc is one of my biggest issues. you wouldnt run a car at 7000rpm if it tops at 8 would you? lol. people
Old 03-13-2012, 06:37 PM
silvermansteve
My Feedback: (2)

i learned early on if there's a problem with one of my rc's, it's probably me. not always. just almost always.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:42 PM
porterdog

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

you wouldnt run a car at 7000rpm if it tops at 8 would you?
Hell yes I would.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:45 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: silvermansteve

i learned early on if there's a problem with one of my rc's, it's probably me. not always. just almost always.
sometimes that is true I have one RC that will throw a dog bone every time I run it(same dog bone), but own another of the same exact model that never had that issue. Its also the only RC I have with that issue. Only part I never changed were cups on the diffs(and diffs), or the axles. I just gave up at that point trying to run it and kinda just made it a shelf queen.