Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

anything coming out soon better than the HPI savage FLux

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

anything coming out soon better than the HPI savage FLux

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 07:54 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anything coming out soon better than the HPI savage FLux

ORIGINAL: supertib
No...a savage is much slower then a truggy and buggy...... there is this magical thing called physics and power/weight plays a massive role in the performance of a vehicle........

You dont push your machines dude, no wonder they break...your truggy video was really lame ... all you did was putter around at slow speeds trying to get the machine to get hung up so you could show everyone how a truggy could get hung up.......... Lame, lame, lame.... And you have that truggy on 4S...which is even more lame......... You went out with a preset agenda to show the limitations of a Truggy and IMO that was your only motivation to even run a Truggy......

Yes MT's are unreliable and weak and need piles of upgrades to be reliable....., or there wouldn't be a massive aftermarket for them.......... the need created the market.......If there was no need, there would be no market....... end of story

Truggies are the way to go......more versatile, more durable, faster, better handling, all around more fun then some clunky clowncar that can barely stand on its wheels without tipping over......

All I can say is if people were allowed a test drive of each machine type before they bought, very few MT's would sell in favor of a truggy...If you drive both back to back the MT is nothing more then a bad joke !

Yeah, I dislike MT''s...I think the manufactures have gouged people for many years with these machines, and sucked many people out of the hobby due to the massive amounts of breakage, and huge costs of needed upgrades, and all the sacrificed time needed to do the wrenching........ even today the HPI Savages throttle linkage and fuel tanks still do not work correctly.........The LST tank is no better............. these manufactuers aim these machines at newbies, so they take liberties with the design that the racers would never tolerate........ yuck, save yourself the headache and buy a Truggy and skip right over the money pits called MT's............
Did you have fun posting your opinion? Because until there is video proof posted somewhere, then everything you just posted is only your opinion and doesent amount to a hill of beans anywhere but in your own mind.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:01 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: supertib

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

Its funny, the first time I drove my truggy, I was impressed with the handling, but by no means was I blown away with the total performance.

Also, just because a truggy is a truggy, does not make it faster than an MT. Im pretty sure my savage with a .28 is about as fast as my buggy with a .28 even though the weight and rotating weight is more on the MT. The 2 speed transmission allows it to be just as fast.

Reliability has never been an issue with any of the good MT's i have owned. Handling is not as good on an MT, and a truggy is nice when going brushless because the center diff keeps the wheelies down a lot and allows better, more controlled acceleration.

Weak gears? I didnt know helical cut machined steel gears were weak these days. Matter of fact thats the same kind of gears my truggy has in it, except it has aluminum spider gears which wear much faster and are expensive to replace.

Sorry, some people are just too biased for their own good.

No...a savage is much slower then a truggy and buggy...... there is this magical thing called physics and power/weight plays a massive role in the performance of a vehicle........

You dont push your machines dude, no wonder they break...your truggy video was really lame ... all you did was putter around at slow speeds trying to get the machine to get hung up so you could show everyone how a truggy could get hung up.......... Lame, lame, lame.... And you have that truggy on 4S...which is even more lame......... You went out with a preset agenda to show the limitations of a Truggy and IMO that was your only motivation to even run a Truggy......

Yes MT's are unreliable and weak and need piles of upgrades to be reliable....., or there wouldn't be a massive aftermarket for them.......... the need created the market.......If there was no need, there would be no market....... end of story

Truggies are the way to go......more versatile, more durable, faster, better handling, all around more fun then some clunky clowncar that can barely stand on its wheels without tipping over......

All I can say is if people were allowed a test drive of each machine type before they bought, very few MT's would sell in favor of a truggy...If you drive both back to back the MT is nothing more then a bad joke !

Yeah, I dislike MT''s...I think the manufactures have gouged people for many years with these machines, and sucked many people out of the hobby due to the massive amounts of breakage, and huge costs of needed upgrades, and all the sacrificed time needed to do the wrenching........ even today the HPI Savages throttle linkage and fuel tanks still do not work correctly.........The LST tank is no better............. these manufactuers aim these machines at newbies, so they take liberties with the design that the racers would never tolerate........ yuck, save yourself the headache and buy a Truggy and skip right over the money pits called MT's............

A thousand times .

............... .................................................. ...
Old 05-05-2012, 10:49 AM
steed2-inactive

so i guess people shouldn't buy rock crawlers, scale trucks, short course trucks, etc because a truggy is a better performing machine right????

that right there, is how stupid your argument is.

Look how the hpi hell fire faltered, yet the revo didn't. The hellfire was as much a monster truck as the mt4 g3 is. The mt4 isnt a mt truck, its a bad handling truggy.
But it sure has my attention, looks extremely tough. The only thing that holds me bad are the lack of north american support and the ugly duckling looks.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:08 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: steed2

so i guess people shouldn't buy rock crawlers, scale trucks, short course trucks, etc because a truggy is a better performing machine right????

that right there, is how stupid your argument is.

Look how the hpi hell fire faltered, yet the revo didn't. The hellfire was as much a monster truck as the mt4 g3 is. The mt4 isnt a mt truck, its a bad handling truggy.
But it sure has my attention, looks extremely tough. The only thing that holds me bad are the lack of north american support and the ugly duckling looks.
Rock crawlers are built to go slow and crawl not what a truggy was designed for. Scale trucks are for people who like their models to look exactly like the real thing, so form over function which is fine if that is your thing. Again not what a truggy was built for, a truggy was built for function over form. Nothing wrong with getting a shortcourse truck. I have my eye on an sc8 right now although they are basiclly buggies with scale looking bodies so they would probably outperform a truggy on a smoother surface but not as versitile as a truggy.

The HPI hellfire was not an MT. It was a truggy all the way. But it was a bad truggy none the less. Yes, I even had one for a while at the same time as I had one of my savages (did I mention I have owned multiple MT's including 2 Savages?). The Hellfire of course handled much better than the Savage due to its lower COG, lighter wieght and beter adjustability but it broke down just as often as the savage did due to poor quality drivetrain parts. I'm not sure why you are even mentioning the Revo. But suffice it to say that I won't be buying another one.

Now how do you know the MT4 is a bad handling truggy? Have you owned/driven one? Again as before I am going to venture a guess that you are spewing out false information based on nothing but bias and no actual personal experience. What other truggies have you owned? if the answer is none as i suspect you have no place to say anything on the subject since you have no experience and no way of doing a comparison.

Anyone who has/had both MT's and truggies who apreciates reliability and good performance and who doesn't want to have to worry about upgrades preffers truggies over MT's.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:41 PM
steed2-inactive

your missing the point by so much its actually laughable,
Old 05-05-2012, 12:59 PM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: steed2

your missing the point by so much its actually laughable, I have owned a lightning staduim sport, for how cheaply it was put together, it was one tough ****, tougher than a mt in some ways weaker in others. I have never driven a mt4 or seen one run except in videos, but i figured those massive tires/ jacked suspention would kill the handling when compared to a proper race setup truggy, but i guess i am crazy and huge tires make truggies handle better than what the racer's run.
but we still come back to the fact that you so blatently are missing.....
I am going to spell it out for you one last time
Monster trucks are not designed to compete with, nor race against truggys.
at the end of the day its a personal preference. people are entitled to enjoy what ever section of the hobby that they so choose and your "what i say is the way" attitude is disturbing.
I willing to bet you still will once again not understand it.

You want to make presumtions about me fine, let me ask you this..... are you short, cause bud, you seem very angry....lol
I don't know how big the MT4 tires are compared other truggy tires but you are right that tires that are too larger do hinder performance (makes a truggy handle more like an MT! LOL!) But what are we comparing it to?

Monster trucks are not designed to compete with, nor race against truggys.
Be careful here...are you admitting that MTs are in fact inferior?

I respect the fact that people have their own opinions and yes they are allowed to disagree with me. I have no problem with that.

No... don't worry about me I'm not angry.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:01 PM
yakfish

LOL! you edited your post while I was quoting you!!

BTW: I am now officially done with this thread.

I no longer care what the OP buys! So good luck with your purchase!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Traxxas Fanboy
Banned

ORIGINAL: HalP!

as title sais. is anything coming out soon that can compete with the savage flux hp, or better even?

thanks,
The debate has raged on for many years about which is better between the Revo platform and the Savage but I would say it is at least worth checking out an E-Revo Brushless Edition before you make your purchase. They both have the same electronics so speed is comparable and while most people will tell you the Savage is the more durable of the two the Revo wins in the handling department. Most of all I hope you're happy with whatever you purchase, RC cars and trucks can be a lot of fun and a very addicting hobby. I'm sure if you enjoy it you will soon want a second vehicle.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:44 PM
steed2-inactive

ORIGINAL: yakfish

LOL! you edited your post while I was quoting you!!

BTW: I am now officially done with this thread.

I no longer care what the OP buys! So good luck with your purchase!
I had realized that we were both beating a dead horse, no hard feelings
Old 05-05-2012, 03:11 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You know what makes MT's and truggies both look like crap?

The tamiya Hornet
Trust me best performing RC evar cause I siad so

(although nothing to back up my claim's)
Old 05-05-2012, 03:45 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Who seriously thinks the OP s actually going to buy a car?

Don't know about u guys, but when I want a new car I spend a day researching it before I rush out and buy it... Why wait 11 odd days for a bunch of people arguing it out on the net?

U do. Know this will be the OP's first car since a grasshopper from when he was 12, 13 years ago....

Sorry bud, but I feel like this debate has been a huge wast of time.... I think u are just digging for ideas not to actually buy one
Old 05-05-2012, 09:23 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Who seriously thinks the OP s actually going to buy a car?

Don't know about u guys, but when I want a new car I spend a day researching it before I rush out and buy it... Why wait 11 odd days for a bunch of people arguing it out on the net?

U do. Know this will be the OP's first car since a grasshopper from when he was 12, 13 years ago....

Sorry bud, but I feel like this debate has been a huge wast of time.... I think u are just digging for ideas not to actually buy one
I don't think it's been a complete waste, it's been at least a few weeks since I've been able to laugh at yet another MT vs Truggy debate on RCU. You should be a private eye phmax, you seem to have a knack for digging up info on other people but you might be better off using those skills to find videos like this one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htmWKfp845o&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Not bad huh? That thing sounds like a dirtbike.

In my experience I've found that people who regularly assume that others are lying normally don't mind telling a few porkey pies themselves. Just saying.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Going round in circles now. Let's all just agree to disagree. MTs and truggies both have their segment in the market.

*HaLp I'm sure this is just dizzying for you now, as someone else said, this debate is fairly common and is never going to end. No shortage of opinion here to help you make a decision. If you have a new question, go ahead and make a new thread for the sake of all our sanities!

/end thread.