Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Setting up my DX8 - for spins, snaps, hammers

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 04:52 PM
jgaither4
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up my DX8 - for spins, snaps, hammers

I am getting used to my new DX8 radio after a long layoff from flying. I flew a 10X some years back. I have figured out how to set up dual rates for ail/elev/rudd and assign them to my Flight Mode switch on the top of the radio. I also want to set up 3 special flying conditions for snaps, Hammers, and Spins. I recollect that all 3 are somewhat different in setup. I had all this worked out on my 10x by using the rudder dual rate switch on the top right of the radio. However, it was a long time ago and I cant remember how to do this and the manual is not clear.

Can anyone step me through this process so I can set up special control throws for each surface for these 3 maneuvers?

Many thanks.

JAG
Blowing Rock, NC

Old 06-03-2012, 11:34 PM
electricpete

Default RE: Setting up my DX8 - for spins, snaps, hammers

I hope some one more noligeable than me can help, it is a pity there is not a book to explain advanced programing.
Peter
Old 06-05-2012, 06:31 AM
AndyKunz

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Set up your mixes as appropriate for each one, and select the Mix0/Mix1 or Gear0/Gear1 settings to enable them.

If you are wanting to add extra deflection by a mix (ie, mix RUD > RUD with a higher percentage) that works fine.

Andy
Old 06-05-2012, 07:29 AM
jgaither4

I just found an old printed document written by Len Alessi dated 5-24-2002 which has incredible detail about setting up your plane and trimming it using the 10X. The answers I seek are in here for the 10X. I wonder if there exists an electronic version of this same document as well as a similar one for using the DX8? This is really good stuff and I would like to share with those interested - but only electronically.

Anyone have a PDF for the DX8 and / or the 10X?

JAG
Old 06-05-2012, 01:07 PM
grizzly59

Hope this is what you wanted.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ay75139.pdf (571.2 KB, 32 views)
Old 06-05-2012, 01:49 PM
jgaither4

Mr. Hoosier - WOW. That is pretty amazing. Sometimes these things just work out. Now, if we could just translate this to the DX8, I'd be fixed. I think I can somewhat, but I will have to fool around with it some. I wish Horizon Hobby was more helpful. I left my phone number on the help line so they could call me back and no result so far from yesterday.

For others seeking to set up a sophisticated plane to fly the way you really want it to, you should download this document and read it. It is very good!

Thanks again to Hoosier06.

John Gaither
Blowing Rock,NC
Old 06-05-2012, 06:43 PM
AndyKunz

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

No need to do the mixing to get the second elevator surface as described in that document, the DX8 does it automatically. It also uses a different set of channel selections than he listed.

As for the mixes, those are the easy part. You know what you want each mix to do, right? Just program it into the DX8. As noted before, using the Mix0/1 and Gear0/1 switches will let you do it pretty easily.

Andy