Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What next?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:36 PM
thehuntingterminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What next?

So far I own a Traxxas Bandit with a mild brushless system, a highly upgraded Rustler VXL, a brushless Losi Micro SCT, an ECX Boost, and a HPI Savage XS SS kit on it's way to my front door. I am also planning an Axial XR10 build as my first crawler later this summer. As you can see, I have two high speed bashers, a micro, a little bug to put around with, a Savage that is going to be insansely powerful, and a crawler. Where do I go next? I would like to keep it in the car scene, but I have no idea what to try next. The only relm of electric left to explore is the short course relm. I mean I guess I could always go for 1/8th scale, but I don't know if I could afford it. I was thinking about doing an ultimate 4x4 short course build, but I wouldn't mind having a 1/8 monster truck, or a scaler, or an insane speed buid, or heck maybe even my first nitro. My budget could be as high as $450, but I would really have to enjoy it. I want it to be durable, have parts support (online is ok), and just be an all around fun vehicle to own. Any suggestions? I am really leaning towards the 4wd SC build or the speed demon build, but what are the drawbacks and positives to each. Suggestions please! I don't race or want anything that has to be babied. By the way, the ECX Boost I mentioned that I have is for sale for $55. Only been run around 10 times, and is in great condition. Only got it to be reviewed. PM me if interested.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:56 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: What next?

Jammin SCRT10 if you want a SCT

for 1/8th the Ofna Nexx 8 buggy... but in the end it might run over your budget.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 PM
thehuntingterminator

Well, I can get the Nexx for around $250 online, which is well within my budget, but then add $250 for electronics and battery, then it's over. I'm not that big of fan of 1/8 scale buggies, so I don' think that'll be my choice. I've been looking at Redcat's 1/6th scale lineup, but are they any good? They look cool as hell and I think would be a lot of fun, but I don't know about quality...
ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

Jammin SCRT10 if you want a SCT

for 1/8th the Ofna Nexx 8 buggy... but in the end it might run over your budget.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:04 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I second the SCRT10 if you're after a short course, the price is right and the car is simplicity itself with silky handling. I love mine.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:06 AM
cumquat

well, you havent done onroad yet. you could do a tt01 with a castle 7700kv system and some hop-ups with a few bucks left over. pick up some orange cones from home depot ($8 each) or make your own markers and set them up in a parking lot for a simple track. it'll be pretty quick (capable of speeds beyond 60mph) and a nice break from offroad. alternatively, get one of the rj speeds kits. they make drag racers, spec class race cars, oval cars and a couple of cars that are just insane with brushless. the drag cars, in theory, could pass 100mph quite easily.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:22 AM
Foxy

For onroad, I'm pushing everyone who will listen toward the Xray T3R. It's a budget (Xray's Raycer series gives people with lower budgets the thrill of owning and building an Xray, my words, not theirs) version of the Xray flagship car, the T3. It is identical in most ways, except it uses fiberboard instead of carbon fiber, does not include sway bars, is actually fractionally lighter than it's world champion brother and is HALF the price. In any case, you won't pick up anything else remotely as good for the same money...they are also loved by drifters.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ic-Touring-Car
Old 06-15-2012, 04:47 AM
LaTuFu
My Feedback: (1)

Electric Rally car?

Tamiya XV-01 or Thunder Tiger ER4-G3. The ER4 is definitely out of the budget range, but it's a cool looking kit and I would have a hard time picking between those two if my wife somehow agreed to let me get another one.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:02 AM
Ttowntoolman

Maybe get a purpose for one of your cars like racing a class? It really changes your whole attitude towards the sport we all love and share. Indoor, outdoor, oval, short coarse, off road, it does not matter. It will change your relationship with one of your cars.....deeply.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:02 AM
thehuntingterminator

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I second the SCRT10 if you're after a short course, the price is right and the car is simplicity itself with silky handling. I love mine.
You thihnk it is sleek enough to do an onroad SC out of it? Or would I be better off going with an RJ dragster? Only poblem is that then it can do nothing else.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:02 PM
Foxy

The SCRT10 would make a great on road SCT, it's very smooth and positive. Really is a joy to drive.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:04 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The SCRT10 would make a great on road SCT, it's very smooth and positive. Really is a joy to drive.
ya actually was flippin through youtube reviews the other day where squirrel from thetoyz did a review and said it was his favorite sct for using on-road(he was reviewing the nexx 10SC which is essentially the same thing with pillow balls instead, and more battery positions)
Old 06-15-2012, 07:01 PM
thehuntingterminator

I have looked at it before, but never gone through with it. I just want something different, ya know? That's why I was looking at Redcats 1/6 lineup. Any good?
Old 06-17-2012, 06:29 PM
thehuntingterminator

Decided to post up my Rustler VXL and ECX Boost for sale. Tired of them. Please feel free to check them out:

Links removed by mods. Naughty naughty.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:45 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have never tried nitro that would be a great place to look. I know everybody and their brother is going brushless but nitro is still alot of fun! since you don't have an onroader yet go nitro onroad and kill two birds with one stone.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

I have looked at it before, but never gone through with it. I just want something different, ya know? That's why I was looking at Redcats 1/6 lineup. Any good?
Any comment I would make on the redcat would not be very positive and based on other people's experience, whose skill and care in the hobby cannot be verified, so I will reserve judgment. I can tell you that I too am tempted by the brushless 1/6th buggy despite what I've heard. I've always been one to believe I can succeed where others have failed, however, more often than not, that turns out to be false arrogance. lol.

Tell you what though, wait til I've finished my latest round of SCRT10 mods (which includes a nice new Jconcepts Raptor SVT body and some pretty rims) in a couple of days (maybe this evening if the wife leaves me alone long enough) before deciding. My truck is about to take a turn for the seriously badass.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:27 AM
jayjay283

for redcat, a 1/6th truck on a 80 amp chinese ezrun esc with 4s lipo, are you kidding me, whata pile
Old 06-18-2012, 01:36 AM
Foxy

If I were to investigate one, I'd keep the electronics...

...and put them in some 1/10th or other down the line. lol

Seriously, though, I'd put the mamba XL system in it on 8S if I was gonna bother.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:59 AM
jayjay283

If I were to investigate one, I'd keep the electronics...

exactly

...and put them in some 1/10th or other down the line. lol

Seriously, though, I'd put the mamba XL system in it on 8S if I was gonna bother.