Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

dx-8 programming question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 01:58 AM
p300pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dx-8 programming question.

Hi all, just got my new DX 8 and i have follwoing questions:

1. using a seperate channel for nosewheel steering, how do I mix this with rudder and how do I trim the nosewheel steering independent from rudder trim - can I use the left or riight trimmer for this and how?
2. how do i setup this rudder to steering mix in such a way that the mixing is off when the gear is up?

Appreciate any tipps

Cees Smit
Emmerich, germany
<br type="_moz" />
Old 06-05-2012, 06:29 AM
AndyKunz

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: dx-8 programming question.

1) The DX8 screens do not provide a way to make the nosewheel independent as you request. The DX18 makes this very simple.

2) Use the Gear switch to control if the mix is on or off. You need to select Gear0 or Gear1 as appropriate for how you have your gear up/down.

Andy
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 PM
rcflyn4fun

Buy a JR or Futaba!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:43 PM
rcflyn4fun

ORIGINAL: p300pilot

1. using a seperate channel for nosewheel steering, how do I mix this with rudder and how do I trim the nosewheel steering independent from rudder trim - can I use the left or riight trimmer for this and how?
2. how do i setup this rudder to steering mix in such a way that the mixing is off when the gear is up?

Appreciate any tipps

Cees Smit
Emmerich, germany
<br type=''_moz'' />

I think it can still be done but just not the way you want it to. It would be functional though just not practical. I'm not sure how to tell ya to do it for sure either without having one in my hand but you should be able to make a mix that is Rud > (whatever port you have your steering servo connected to) then you'll have to adjust the rates accordingly for how sensitive you want it. Then you can use the offset in the mix to adjust the trim of the steering servo to the trim of the rudder then for the switch you can choose the flight mode switch to activate the mix when the gear is down and then when the gear is up it won't be steering. Hope you aren't going to try to program a twin on it, that is some what tricky and not ideal with this radio at all.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Aerocal

ORIGINAL: p300pilot

Appreciate any tipps

Cees Smit
Emmerich, germany
<br type=''_moz'' />
If you want to trim the nosewheel channel independently from the rudder you could use the subtrim on the nosewheel channel.