Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Rotating a DLE 20 Carb-Can't get it started

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Rotating a DLE 20 Carb-Can't get it started

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 AM
phakur
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotating a DLE 20 Carb-Can't get it started

Just a quick question.

From a layout standpoint, it was easier for my layout to rotate the carb on a DLE 20 180 degrees.

Not having done this before, I basically backed out the carb screws, rotated the carb and screwed it all back together.

Is there anything else I should have done?

Thanks-

Larry
Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 AM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rotating a DLE 20 Carb-Can't get it started

u r ready to rock and roll
Old 07-09-2012, 01:09 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check that the crankcase pulse pressure makes it to the carb pump membrane all right. I did not see a pulse line on pictures of  the DLE, so check alignment of gasket, crankcase and carb holes.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:38 AM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the base of the carburetor is a hole to allow the crankcase pulses to operate the pulse pump inside of the carb. If you rotate the carb, you need to ensure that the hole in the gasket and baseplate and or thermal shield match up with the hole too. Some engines use a external tube to pass the crankcase pulses to the carb's pump, but many more engines use the internal method with the hole in the base of the carb.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:05 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

The engine has no external pulse line, it's done through the carb flange. It's been too long since I had mine apart, but I'm thinking that the pulse port for the carb is run through the reed block, and it may have been necessary to flip that reed block as well as the carb when switching?

In any case, the hole (pulse port) in the carb's flange is obvious/easy to see with the carb removed. Just make sure it mates up with a matching hole in the reed block and the gasket that goes between them. If it does, and it still doesn't start, something else is wrong...