Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Something different

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Ttowntoolman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something different

So I did something diferent this week. I am relocating my hobby room so I dug up some old stuff from in the corner. I pulled an old sanyo 2400 nicad matched pack out of the rubble and desided to see if I could resurect it. Why? Who the hell knows but........after a weekend of cycling and discharging and DEEP cycling, I got it to work respectfully.

Also found some of my old brushed motors I used to race and decided to rebuild an old Co27 like the old days, cut com new brushes re-aligned brush hoods blah blah blah. Thing runs awsum and suprizingly fast. It was quite fun going back......anyone else ever go down memory lane?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:53 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Something different

well, I run electric models for the most part.

but my 1st hobby rc was a traxxas nitro sport se (thus my user name)

So, anytime I pick up a used nitro for cheap and get it running again, that is for me memory lane. The smell, the sound, the frustration...lol. The old days with my nitro sport all come back to me.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:38 PM
SLAYERDUDE

2400 is new stuff compared to what I have lol.

I've got a Trinity Heavy Metal 3000 pack I brought back, it still ripps.
That thing cost me $65 BITD.
I also have a Reedy MR A's 14T triple that seems to have exceeded the capacity of the Novak Explorer 2 ESC I put in the RC10T3 lol, it cuts out a little bit with the 4600 7 cell Traxxas pack.

Tons of other old elec stuff that still works here, I have a 1200 pack I use for the rotostart on the Savage but I have a good tune so it don't take much juice.
Got a few 1500 packs and a Radio Shack 2000 that I use too.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Ttowntoolman

I see you got an old T3, cool. I have a T3 and a B3 worlds addition sittin on the shelf. Raced the T3 oval about 2 years ago and put her in the main and took a 2nd place with it yet. Still my favorite Associated Electric ever...... My B3 is converted to oval latemodel awsum too.