Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

hpi rebate

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 PM
yoyo5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi rebate

hey guys i just orderd a savage x 4.6 and am trying to get the 50$ rebate but it says i need the origanal recipt so can i just print out the one Tower sent me and send that or will it not work because i orderd it online
Thanks for all the help im sure to get in the future
yoyo5

<br type="_moz" />
Old 09-15-2012, 07:26 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: hpi rebate

Print the one from Tower and keep that for yourself. Send the original copy that was included with the truck to HPI.

Those are my 2 cents.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:57 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have u called HPI? Lol ask hpi, they would know for sure
Old 09-19-2012, 04:44 PM
rockydc

Hmmm Im in the process of deciding between a Jato a T-maxx or a Bullet...So lets say I choose the Bullet from HPI I can send my receipt to them and they will send me back 50?
Old 09-19-2012, 04:48 PM
steed2-inactive

ORIGINAL: rockydc

Hmmm Im in the process of deciding between a Jato a T-maxx or a Bullet...So lets say I choose the Bullet from HPI I can send my receipt to them and they will send me back 50?
Well, does it say on their website that they are offering a $50 dollar rebate on the bullet?
Old 09-19-2012, 05:03 PM
rockydc

yeah just went on their website.... thats kind of awesome if Iadd this to the 45$ rebate of tower....another question is the Savage any better than the T-Maxx... I hear people saying its heavier and slow...
Old 09-19-2012, 05:11 PM
steed2-inactive

tmaxx is lighter (slightly), handles much better, has an engine that screams and gives the truck a healthy top speed but lacks bottom end punch. parts support is excellent and the aftermarket is huge.
the savage is heavier, handles like a dumptruck, but is way stronger, has actual 1/8 driveline components, a bigblock engine with wheelstanding torque and about the same top speed as the tmaxx. parts support is excellent also and the aftermarket is pretty big, allthough not as big as the tmaxx. my opinion the savage is a way better truck. tmaxx's are good but require a couple mods to be savage toughish (they can never be as tough as the all mighty savage. both trucks come well prepared with good manuals and instructions. hell i think you basically get everything these days short of the fuel.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: rockydc

yeah just went on their website.... thats kind of awesome if I add this to the 45$ rebate of tower....another question is the Savage any better than the T-Maxx... I hear people saying its heavier and slow...
Savage is way better
savage you can run stock for a few gallons, and won't break anything unless you drive it off a 2 story house basically(or do bad 20ft+ jumps).

T-maxx you will be investing $50 off the bat in RPM parts so your bulkheads don't snap in half. Then a bit more fter every jump. Ask shark his views on it seeing he owns one

To make the savage handle way better than box stock, just take the pre-load spacers out of the shocks it does wonders believe it or not.

My Savage X has survived more than 25 20+ft jumps (majority were bad landings) at a bmx park, and still hasn't broke anything.
Only 2 things I'd recommend to get on a savage out of the box is the RPM skid plate(Mine has saved my tranny, and drive chain when I did some bad jumps), and the HPI stop button as it makes stopping the engine a breeze.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:51 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Doesn't stuffing your finger into the stinger work just as well?

I have to throw my 2 cents in and vouch for the Savage also. I've helped repair a few Maxx's and Iusually see damage to the bulkheads. This is a personal preference I suppose but, Idon't like the pillow ball suspension setup. It's neat to be able to adjust the camber that way but they get sloppy as they wear down and tighenting the cap screws can cause the suspension to bind.

I don't see or hear of many busted up Savages. Though Isuppose anything is possible if you abuse it enough.